CHAPTER 17 - You Win Some You Lose Some

CHAPTER 17 - You Win Some, You Lose Some

Carlie and Kevin keep working on themselves and their relationship. Ultimately they've realized that relationships are hard work and that it's far from perfect. They both did a lot of growing up when they broke up, which is a good thing.

One night, Carlie was getting ready while Kevin was lounging on Carlie's bed waiting for her. "Carls, we're gonna be late." He said as he checks his phone. Carlie pops out of her bathroom and grabs Kevin by his collar, "Stop worrying, everything will be fine." She said and then kisses him. Then he wraps his arms around her waist while she wraps her arms around his neck, "I know how hard you've been working to make tonight happen." She said softly. "I know. Sometimes, I just can't believe it's real." He replied. "Well believe it. I'm already so proud of you." She said and kissed him. Kevin smiled and adjusts his glasses, "Now, are you ready to go or what?" He asked. Carlie let go of him, "Just give me five more minutes and I'm good to go." She said and trotted to the bathroom. "C'mon Carlie, you already look so beautiful." He said. "Five minutes." She replied. Kevin sighed and had no choice but to wait for her.

So Kevin has been working hard with his photography and decided to display some of his work in a small gallery where he holds a mini get together to celebrate his hard work, also auctioning off some of his photographs.

After a while, Carlie emerges from her bathroom looking as gorgeous as ever and Kevin grabs both their coats then they get in Carlie's car. As they enroute to the gallery, Carlie uses this opportunity to talk to Kevin. She saw that he was getting nervous as his hands were shaking a bit. Carlie holds Kevin's hand then he looks at her, "Everything's gonna be fine." She said softly. Kevin smiled, "As long as you'll be there with me, I know it will be." He replied and she kisses his cheek.

When they arrived, they see Kevin's parents, George and Helen and his brother, William along with his sister, Sarah and her husband, Thomas. They also see Tiffany, Nick, Michelle and her boyfriend Carter, Daniel and his girlfriend India, and lastly, Kevin's other friends also came to support him.

Kevin goes to greet his family with Carlie tailing behind him, "It's so good to see you guys." He said and they all hug each other. "We're sorry the others couldn't come, sweetheart." Helen said as she stroked his cheek. "No worries, I know they're busy." Kevin replied. "But thank you guys for coming, it really means a lot that you guys are here." He said sincerely.

Then they see Carlie, "How wonderful to see you again, Ms. Everett." George said. Kevin holds Carlie's hand, "We heard you were the one who inspired Kevin to do all this." William said to Carlie. Carlie chuckled nervously, "I wouldn't say inspired, maybe more like encouraged." She said squeezing his hand. "Kevin is very talented and has been working very hard, so I thought why not get a head start by putting your name out there and displaying and auctioning off his work." She said. "Which I think is a good idea." Thomas said. "Though this is not what Kevin would do, you know being shy and all but it's a good step towards his goal." Sarah said. Kevin smiles at Carlie, "You truly have gotten out of your shell, Kev." William said. Kevin scratches the back of his head and smiles at his family, "I couldn't have done it without Carlie." He said.

After a while, Carlie and Kevin separate. Carlie went to Michelle and Daniel to talk. "I'm so glad you guys came." Carlie said and hugged the two of them. "Of course we'd come." Michelle said. "We wanted to support the person who gives us food and coffee most of the time." Daniel joked. Carlie playfully hits him and they all laugh. "So the centerpiece for this auction is a huge ass photo of somebody's hands holding a bucket of paint, then splattering it, I assume, on your face?" Michelle asked. "How'd you know it was me? You could barely see my face." Carlie said. "Well it's obvious from the physique that it's you, Carls." Daniel spoke as he examined the photo. "You know, now that I think of it, the photos being displayed are a mix of landscape and art." He added as he looked around. "But they're all black and white." Michelle noticed. "That is correct. Kevin wanted to play around with the level of degrees as to why it's black and white." She said. "I can't explain it as good as he does but his unconventional methods in getting these photos especially in black and white is very impressive." She added. "Agreed. He makes black and white photos not boring at all." Michelle said.