Backyard Barbeque

*Harley's pov*

"come on, hurry up!"

I walked onto the rooftop of the avengers' tower, setting up some tables for food. they were supposedly coming back from a mission so we wanted to have a barbeque. I find the idea kinda stupid but hey who was I to judge. peter invited some of his friends, ned, and MJ, to help us. I haven't been able to talk with peter all day because tony was making him run all the errands.

ever since that time I found spiderman on that rooftop, I've been seriously questioning if he's spiderman. when I flew back, I looked to see if there was anyone new at the table. it was just tony, me, and peter. he'd always leave at the wee hours and come back breathless and collapsed onto the couch where I'd find him next morning. 

though that wasn't the only reason I was watching him intently.

*peter's pov*

I ran around the living room with MJ chasing me. I made the mistake of smearing some ketchup on her face. now she was chasing me with the entire bottle. I was wearing my nice clothes too, my white shirt, my favorite pair of black skinny jeans, and converse. I quickly ran onto the rooftop and saw Harley. I paused and smiled at him, I suddenly felt something wet hit my head.

"eww remind me to never stop while MJ is chasing me again."

harley's smile deflated, and his eyebrows furrowed. he turned back around to help set up.

I went over to scrape the ketchup out of my hair and take a shower. lathering up the shampoo in my hair, I thought of Harley, not in that way or anything. he was giving off these mixed signals, but I think it's just that he suspects I'm spiderman.

*TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY FLEX TAPE, I SAWED THIS BOAT IN HALF AND REPAIRED IT WITH ONLY FLEX TAPE*

*Harley's pov*

I sat down on the cushions, exhausted but my work was done. the avengers have all gathered here along with peters two friends. 

I looked up and saw MJ walking over to me with a playful look on her face. 

"so Harley, it's obvious you've got the hots for peter."

if I had a drink id spit it out.

"what do you mean?"

"Well for one, it's pretty obvious because of the way you look at him."

I raise my eyebrows, kinda interested in what she had to say.

then, thor moved out of the way and I saw peter from across the rooftop. this was like every cliche movie, peter was smiling and blushing with ned whispering his ears, with MJ whispering in mine.

"You see what I mean now?"

I look back at her with a crazy look on my face.

"the sexual tension is so thick I can cut it with a chainsaw."

______

so sorry I couldn't update for the longest time. I had school and i went on my first date so that was exiting.