Chapter 18 Tears that Sparkle

Jack's POV

I stood still, I was so stunned by what slender had told me only moments ago. I couldn't even think straight. How could this happen? Especially right after Sarah was shot. I looked at her on the couch, she was so oblivious, to what was happening right in front of her. This was just the beginning, Sarah had a strong desire to kill, I won't be able to stop her. She was losing herself, just like what happened to the rest of us. She would lose her sanity and it might never return. Only those who are lucky can ever reclaim it, even Jeff still has a measly shard of reason. I looked at Sarah on the couch, there was something different about her already. When she turned to me, I saw the haterid in her dark black abiss'. I finally couldn't take her cold look any more and ran out the house.

I didn't know where I was going and I didn't care. My thoughts drifted back to the haterid she now felt for me, slender said I had time, that her decent would be gradual not a fuckin free fall. I ran faster than I'd ever run before, oblivious to my surroundings or who saw me, it didn't matter. All I can think about is Sarah. Suddenly I'm no longer running, I lay sore on the ground next to an old man I'd run into. Looking around I saw I was in the city. I drew my knife and violently sliced the stomach of the man as he attempted to stand. Screams rang out all around me as I removed the precise kidneys and threw the body aside just to grab another paralyzed onlooker.

By the time the cops arrived, I had just finished with my seventh victim. "Drop your weapon and put your hands in the air!" Demanded one of the cops. I slowly turned around to watch them recoil in fear as they saw my blood stained mask. I held my knife covered in fresh blood low. "I-I said drop your w-wepon" the cop held a gun pointed at me with trembling hands. In mear seconds, I was running at him, I swerved to dodge a bullet... just like Sarah, I felt burning pain in my side and felt my own blood trickle down my leg. Ignoring the pain I slicked the chest of the nearest cop, one after the other until the 5 kidneyless bodys lay at my feet.

With no one else around, I fell to my knees thoughts of Sarah erupted inside me. I felt a warm liquid run down my chest. I carefully removed my mask to see a signal tear. It was clear. How was this posable!? I've never cried like a human before, only black. I felt the tear run off my chin onto my blood stained hands.

*srry 4 not updating in a while, I don't have an excuse. Any ways Happy Halloween♡*