Part 5

It's the weekend so I may as well publish this before I edit it

Sorry if there's any mistakes I missed

The two boys watched, confused, as Renjun started coughing. Jisung stood and helped him up, guiding him to the bathroom.

"Come on," he whispered. "You told me you didn't want them to see you like this."

Renjun nodded gratefully. Once he was in the bathroom, he waved off Jisung's concerns and locked the door. He leaned against the wall, sliding down to the floor as his coughing resumed. He put his hand over his mouth, and petals came out. Little yellow hyacinths fluttered out around him along with the usual cherry blossoms, drifting in the air as he breathed out. With every breath, the thorns growing in his lungs tore apart his insides.

Even surrounded by all this pain, he couldn't help but think of how beautiful the petals were.

There was a knock on the door.

"Injunnie?"

Renjun stirred weakly from his position on the floor and choked back the flowers. "What is it, Jeno?" he croaked out.

"Are you okay?" Jeno sounded worried. "You were coughing really badly."

Footsteps shuffled outside the door, and Jaemin's voice rang out.

"Junnie, come outside, I'll take care of you," he sang. Renjun almost laughed, but then he heard Jisung pull his friends from the door.

"You idiots, leave him alone," he said as Renjun began coughing again.

The hyacinths were stained red.

Come back...

I can't do this without you.