Part 20

hi again kids here's another chapter since i didn't have homework last night

Jaehyun sat up, worried. "I bother- we bother- to care because we love you, Renjun. We love you."

"It's not enough," Renjun said, his voice cracking slightly. "It will never be enough. will never be enough." He took in a deep breath, shaking.

"I was never enough for Yangyang. I wasn't enough for Jaemin, so when Jeno came along I got left behind. I wasn't enough for Jeno, either. He hated me. He only likes me because Jaemin still remembers I exist." He stopped to take a breath.

"But what happens when he forgets?"

"Renjun," Jaehyun whispered.

"I'm alone." A tear slipped down his cheek. "I'll be alone. That's what happens. There's nothing I can do about it."

Jaehyun moved forward, lifting Renjun up and hugging him. The boy was shaking in his arms. Silent sobs racked his body as tears began to stream down his face.

"You are enough for me, Renjun," Jaehyun said gently. "You're enough for Taeyong. You're enough for Jisung, and Chenle, and Mark, and Hyuck, and Jaemin and Jeno, too. And I can't promise for the rest of them, but I can promise you that as long as I am here, I'll do whatever I can to make sure you don't feel this alone again."

"But why?" Renjun cried. He shook with every breath. "Why would you, when I'm just going to leave you in the end?"

"Listen, okay, you're not going anywhere if we can help it," Jaehyun said to him sternly. "You are going to fight, and we'll do what we need to do so you can."

"I can't," Renjun's sobs turned into weak whispers and he rubbed the tears off his face. "I can't do it. I'm so tired, Jae, I don't want to fight anymore."

The door opened silently behind them as they talked, and someone walked in. Renjun took no notice of the visitor.

"Then let me tell you something. You're wondering what will happen when people leave you, right? Well, let me tell you, this time, you're not going to be the one left behind." Jaehyun paused for a moment. "If you don't fight, if you let this disease get to you, do you know what happens?"

Renjun shrugged. "Nothing."

"No, not nothing," Jaehyun said, frustrated. "All of us love you. If you leave us behind, there will be a Renjun-shaped hole in our world. Nothing— no one— will be able to fill that. No one except you. You are the only reason Taeyong hasn't whisked us away to the US where Johnny and Ten live, Renjun. You are the reason Jisung can sleep soundly now instead of crying at night for your mom. You are the reason Jaemin ever knew Jeno. You are the reason Yangyang realized that he had problems that needed fixing. You're such a special person, Junnie, and I don't think you understand how hard it would be for us if you were gone."

"He's not wrong, you stubborn idiot," a voice said from behind them.

Renjun gasped, turning around slowly. "Is that—"

Jaehyun smiled.

WHO IS THE MYSTERY VISITOR? PUT YOUR GUESSES HERE!

(he might've been shown already, he might be new. you figure it out.)

have fun wondering!! next update will be in a while.