Chapter 55 - One Last Review

Gideon | Amazonwarrior | Other

**Gideon's POV **

"Who has you smiling like that?" A familiar voice asked, snapping my attention away from my screen. The brunette I had dubbed 'Water Girl' was grinning sweetly as she hopped up onto a stool that was two seats down. Her water was empty so she must have been coming back over to get a refill. I did find it odd that she was in a bar and was only drinking water.

Faith mentioned drinking multiple times in her reviews... unless she was just being ridiculous.

"My girlfriend," I replied so she wouldn't get the wrong idea. She paused before pushing her glass across the bar.

"Ah, that's so sweet. I hope she comes soon, the vultures are about to swoop in," She replied, mouthing a thank you to the bartender as he slid another glass of water towards her. She then looked over my shoulder and nodded towards the area of the bar that those girls were sitting.

I didn't dare look back because that would be an invitation for them to come over.

Water girl shook her head and muttered something under her breath before taking another sip of her second ice water.

"You better be careful with how much your drinking," I found myself saying. Her bold green eyes shot up from her water to connect with mine. A wide grin stretched across her lips as her right hand twirled her straw around, spinning the ice inside her tall glass.

"I'd be careful with how much charm you're deploying... with you having a ... girlfriend and all," Water girl said with a wink.

"Deploying?" I asked, questioning her word choice. She stopped circling her drink and turned to me in her stool. I watched as her long brown hair flowed down her black top and stopping just above her bottom rib. I snapped my eyes up so I wouldn't seem like a creep.

"Yes, for some, they use charm as a weapon, while others use it as a defense. I was getting the former vibe." She leaned on the counter, coaxing me into an outright debate.

"You think I'm using charm as a weapon? ... And what if I'm just charming by nature," I said with a slight grin, keeping my eyes peeled just in case this was not Faith.

"That's hard to believe," She scoffed playfully, turning away from me. I chuckled in response, curious to see what she had to say on the matter.

"And why is that so hard to believe?"

She seemed to be pleased with the fact that I was indulging her in her hypothesis because she became overly animated as if she was telling a story.

"You walked in here with the most serious expression I have ever seen. I mean... you were analyzing everyone as if you were expecting some type of confrontation. What are you... a cop?" My heart raced as she spoke, wondering if she was hinting that she knew me. I allowed her to continue. I wanted to see where she was going with her monologue.