Chapter 11 - Comedic Genius

×× baseball - Hippo Campus××

Gideon| AmazonWarrior

January 2019

Thirty Seconds after 3rd Review posted

^^Incoming call from Unknown Number^^

"Hello, this is Gideon."

"You know you never asked me what I lied about."

"..."

"Wh-who is this?"

"See, I thought you were just going to know right off the bat. Like some type of feeling, but I guess I was wrong... Damnit."

"Amazon warrior?"

"...Yes. Creepy is my middle name. Because now that I think of it... this is pretty creepy of me."

"Haha, yeah, but I think I know who's to blame."

"I'm guessing Garrett is the brother who's always messing with you."

"Yeah. He's some- Wait. Did you just post another review?"

"Oh, yes! That's why I'm calling. To take you up on that dinner. Because... you're welcome... I'm the shit."

"What'd you say now? I swear if it's another..."

"..."

"I'm one-hundred percent certain that you just muted the phone so I can't hear you laughing."

"..."

"Because exactly twenty-point-eight seconds in you should be crying."

"I think you over estimate your taste in humor."

" I think you're in denial of the fact that your're in the presence of a comedic genius."

"..."

"Muting yourself would work if you didn't have a kids show in the background that went silent anytime I said something funny."

"Okay, fine. I chuckled. Happy?"

"I'll be happy once you ask me to dinner, grumpy."

"I guess thank you for the five stars, but I'm not taking you to dinner."

"I thought you were going to say that. That's okay, because I'll just keep my reservation with Tony. He'll be happy to see me again."