Thirt E N

"The gain is just not there...where did you meet her anyway?"

I click the playback button.

"The gain is just not there..where do you meet her anyway?...."

Ew.

No.

I sound way too squeeky....

My unpracticed voice...

Yuck.

I guess I can use a lot more practice on characters that aren't snails, pugs, or elephants.

Let me just start from the top...

"Jimmy...I'm really worried about you. You haven't shown up to lunch in weeks. Ever since you met her, things just have not been the same with everyone around you. What is going on?"

Knock knock knock!!

Ughhhhh.....

Forget it. Now is just not my time to record this anyway...

"R.A-"

I roll my eyes.

"Not fooling me this time..." I grunt under my breath.

I close my laptop and hoist myself up to open the door.

It's Devin, of course.
Perfect!

"Come in, Loser." I joke in a whisper as I motion for Devin to come.

And I'm not being sarcastic by saying this is perfect.
I really need Dev to review some soccer stuff since I kind of led on to that Jasper girl that I play.
I am pretty athletic, but the only sports I really hard core play are hockey and surfing (yes, it is a real sport).

It is kind of an unwritten rite of passage that every guy who lives in a "beach town" on Long
Island is either:
-a boat boy
-a fish boy
-a beach boy
-a f*ckboy.

The beach towns include, but are not limited to: the Hamptons, Montauk, Shelter Island, Greenport etc....Just google a map of Long Island and look at the most eastern part to see what I'm talking about.

I'm from Mattituck which is on the north fork.
Yet I'm not only a north fork boy since my family also owns a "vacation home" between East Hampton and Montauk, which is south fork.
I say vacation home in quotes because it's like thirty minutes from my house haha.

For real though, I am actually a pretty good swimmer and somehow actually picked up the knack for surfing. It wasn't because I was trying to fit into one of these categories, I just was naturally skilled at a young age.
So my point is every guy "falls into" their category. They don't choose, it just happens.

I never really mentioned my surfing previously since I always found hockey more enjoyable.
It is a team sport and it was how I made most of my friends growing up.
Surfing is still cool though, and I occasionally find myself going at it again.
Yet, it is strictly a leisurely thing.

I rock at water sports and hockey, but I literally could not begin to tell you how to do soccer.

Yet, I added soccer to my bag of British tricks.

I'm an idiot...

Ok, I'm sorry for the usual chapter ramble.
I'm just not used to being able to go on and on endlessly about something without being cut off as my vocal chords are snatched away into a lock-hold.