Ayte

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
"Dude Dude Dude Dude!"

"Just a minute!"

"RA! BETTER OPEN THE DOOR!"

I roll my eyes as I open the door.

"You're a dick." I laugh as I open the door to greet Devin.
He must have really gotten into the whole college freshmen role. He is wearing neon green sunglasses on his head, no shirt, purple nylon shorts that are two inches passed acceptable, red converse sneakers, and a fanny pack around his waste.
Yes, Fanny pack..

"Aren't you going to let me in?! It's our first hangout in college!" Devin laughs.

"What the bloody hell are you wearing?!" I slip my thoughts as I close the door behind him.

Devin laughs to himself.
"Nobody is here, Rony. You don't need to keep this up."

"Keep what up?" I peck an eyebrow.

"You can stutter now..."

"Oh...thanks?..You want me to suffer?" I frown, still in character.

"No.." Devin shakes his head.
"I just think you should preserve your act so you don't burn out." Dev continues as he plops himself down on the red beanbag chair next to the window.

"Dude! Up! That's my roommate's chair!" I freak out.

"Will he really know the difference?.." Devin smirks.

"Up! Now!" I demand, pointing to the floor.

Devin kind of huffs to himself as he crawls from the bean bag chair to the hard and cold floor.

"A-a-a-anyway, I better not burn out of vvvoice acting. We are broke college kids now, remember? We need money."

Honestly though, I don't think I could ever burnout. If voice acting had more job security, I would love nothing more than to spend the rest of my life working for Pixar or Dreamworks.

That would be the life.....

"You mean that you need money. I'm here on athletic scholarship."

"Wait...wh-what?!" I exclaim.

"I didn't tell you? I made the soccer team."

"No! You never told me that!" I exclaim.
"Devin this is h-huge! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Rony...you know me be now. I'm so superstitious!"

He has a point. Devin is the most superstitious person I know.

When we played travel hockey together back in the eighth grade, nobody was allowed to tell him who we were playing because he thought it was bad luck.

That's nothing though, that was only the beginning.

It got way worse through the years. When he comes with my family out on our boat over the summer, we aren't allowed to discuss what we will do when we get back to land because he thinks it will jinx us into all drowning.