Twin tee tree

"Good morning, Sunshine."

I open my eyes confused but without thinking wrap my arms around Melle.

"Wait..I d-d-don't even remember coming in the ha-ha-ha-house.."

"That's because you were pooped last night and you literally passed out on the couch when you walked in."

I rub my eyes a little bit and look around to see I am not in my bedroom.

"Well, welcome back!"

I thought I would feel better being at home but honestly don't know what to feel right now.

I stretch out my arms and kind of yell.

"Waaaah!! Oh my gosh iiiiits already eh-eh-eh-eleven th-thirty!"

"So get up!" Melle laughs as she reaches out to pull me off the couch, to which I just roll on the floor.

"Daaamn, bruh! Do you live in that thing?" Melle asks as she pats my head.

Holy crap I'm still wearing my party outfit from last night AND my SnapBack?!

"You're going to get massive bed head."

"YOLO.." I laugh.

"Clearly..."

"Aight I think I'm awake now." I mumble.
"I'm g-g-g-gonna sssssee what we have for b fast." I announce as I get up off the floor.

"Why don't we go out and get some Long Island bagels while you have that luxury. I know from 'Cuse that they suck up there."

I nod.

"Ok..ok.. I got that."

After brushing my teeth and getting ready in the bathroom I NEED to change...
I slip on some grey joggers and an old hockey league t-shirt and pull out my Mattituck SnapBack I left at home. I finish the look with some black socks and adidas slides.

If you were wondering what Melle is wearing she has on some skinny jeans with flip flops and an old sorority sweatshirt with her hair in a bun.

"Mom! I'm taking Rony out for bagels!" Melle calls to Mom, and we quickly leave before either one of them can tell us otherwise.

I know.

"I'm so happy you're here little Ro! My friends have been asking about you like crazy!" Melle smiles as she straps into the car.

"They have?"

"Well yeah! You're so fun and chill. They love you."

I never really felt I was that close with Melle's friends... or really even know them too well for that matter. But ok, I'll take the compliment. 

I wouldn't not take it.

"Well...that's guh-guh-guh-good."

We pull into the bagel shop which is like less than five minutes away.

I still kind of shiver as we approach the counter. I hate ordering, but I always try to do it myself and just know I have backup if need be.

"Hi! I'll have a medium iced coffee please with a sesame seed flagel with egg salad please." Melle tells the girl at the counter.

"You ok ordering?" Melle whispers to me.

I nod and take a deep breath as cold panic literally fills my body.

"Hi..uh...I'll h-h-have...an eh-eh-eh...egg eeeehverything w-w-with.....c-c-c-c-cream cheese..."

The girl behind the counter starts to giggle.

"What's so funny?!" Melle snaps.

I give her a look. I got this..

"I-I'm impressed."

"Huh?" She asks in a way that makes me wonder if she knows her ass from her elbow.

"I'm usually funniest a-a-after f-f-four PM. I'm flllattered you think I'm funny now."

She shoots me a look.

"What?"

I shake my head.
"The moral of the story is I'm trrrying to help you out h-here because one day you are going to llllaugh at the wrrrong person and they aren't going to be as nice as me."

She shakes her head.

"I'm sorry..."

And she walks away.

"Look at you, Pepper Rony! I would've punched that chick! You must have grown with it so much meeting new people at school."

I sigh..

"Well, when you're on a t-train for f-five hours you have a lot of time to think up comebacks to ba-ba-bagel store workers." I laugh.

"Ha! Come, let's go!"

Melle grabs my wrist and literally drags me to the back of the bagel store.

"Umm...you're pulling me?" I narrow my eyes.

"Just follow me!" Melle demands.

"Melle what's g-going on?"

Melle just smirks as she continues dragging me to the back area where there are streamers and balloons.

"SURPRISE!!!"

What?!?!