Chapter : 06

"You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
Dr. Seuss

Misha's pov:

"You didn't sleep the whole night, did you?" Mom asked coming inside my room. I knew I was blushing already, and there was no way I could hide it from her, so I didn't respond.

For a full week, there was no reply from the Jaisinghani's, and I was quite worried about that. I thought maybe they had changed their mind but when two days before they called to inform that they wanted to come and meet us, I was overjoyed. Today, being the day they will come, I was unable to sleep. All night, so many thoughts kept my mind occupied: How will I face him? What will we talk about? What will be his reaction? Does he know that I'm his junior? Has he recognized me? And many more...

Mom shrugged her shoulders and then continued,

"Breakfast will be ready in five minutes, so you better come downstairs, and please don't tell me that you don't have an appetite."

I seriously don't feel like eating. What will I tell her now?

"Okay." I replied and went downstairs with her. I served myself because if she does that, she will definitely serve me more, and I can't eat that much.

"There's still plenty of time left for them to come; you can eat slowly." Mom taunted, whereas dad laughed a little. So stupid of me to eat hurriedly.

'Plenty of time left for them to come.'

Exactly, three hours, there are still three hours left. Every minute feels like an hour to me. Man, I'm dying to see him.

"What should I wear?" I asked mom again. I was very much confused about that, and so I kept asking her again and again. She told me to wear whatever I like but something decent; unfortunately, I was unable to select anything till now.

"Do one thing, wear a saree." She replied almost annoyed.

"Mom, you know, I don't know how to wear it, plus I can't carry it properly. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of them." I replied.

"I already said, you have so many dresses, wear whichever you like. If I pick one, you will still have doubts; better you only select."

All my fault.

"But I seriously don't know. I'm still confused; please help me." I pleaded and heard a loud thud on the door, indicating that someone is here.

I turned around and saw my cousin Siddhi standing there with someone, I guess a friend of hers.

"Now that I'm here, you don't have to worry about your outfit and makeup." She said dramatically. Thank god, finally some help.

I ran and hugged her.

"Come inside." I said to her as well as her friend, whom she introduced as Kriti.

"Thank god, you are here. Someone will not disturb me now." Mom taunted whereas everyone laughed except for me. Mom saw that because she immediately came and pulled my cheeks.

"Now go and get ready fast."

"Yeah." I replied and took Siddhi and Kriti to my room.

"You look very happy." Siddhi said looking at me admiringly.

"I'm happy." I blushed.

"You look so pretty di." Kriti said making me shock. Di? Seriously?

"You must be the same as Siddhi's age, right?" I asked and she nodded.

"Then don't call me di; I'm just one year older than you. In fact, Siddhi being my sister has never ever called me di; why would you?" I asked and saw her laughing. Siddhi is my paternal cousin. Her mom and dad stay in the village as they have their business there, whereas Siddhi either stays with us or with her other aunt, but mostly she is always with us. We both grew up together, and since then, we are each other's best friend.

"By the way, Thank you. You look very pretty as well. Now help me select an outfit." I said, and immediately we stood in front of my closet, scanning all the dresses I have.

"You have plenty of dresses. Now I'm confused as well." Siddhi said making an annoyed face.

After a lot of discussion, we finally settled for a blue salwar suit. I'm not much comfortable wearing them, but I guess I will have to learn now.

They both did my hair and makeup. Well, not much of makeup, because I didn't allow them to do that. I don't like makeup. I wear it occasionally, and that too at the time of any function or whenever I feel.

"Someone is looking so good. I wonder what will be Varun's reaction." Siddhi said making me blush more. But seriously, what will be his reaction? Will it be the same way as he looked at Tanvi? I don't think that will ever happen. My heart felt heavy as if I was going to cry anytime. Control Misha!

"Siddhi and Kriti, Please listen to me." I said, they shifted their attention towards me, but before I could say anything, mom arrived.

"Wow, you look so pretty, my princess." She said hugging me.

"Thank you, mom; I'm your daughter after all." I replied with a wink.

After that, she told me about what all things I should do and what I'm not supposed to do. I kept listening to her patiently. Whereas Siddhi and Kriti were busy with their photo session.

"They will be here soon. When I call you, come downstairs, okay?" She asked, I nodded.

"You two, come with me." Mom said and took them with her. The moment I was left alone, my heartbeat raised. Suddenly all the excitement turned into nervousness. A weird feeling started building inside me; it felt like something bad is going to happen. To relax myself, I went to the balcony, and as expected, after a few minutes, I actually felt better. I wiped the sweat formed on my forehead and kept looking at nature.

I didn't realize the time as I was so engrossed in my own thoughts, but it all broke when I saw a car entering inside the main gate of our home. Omg, he is here. My heartbeat raised again. The anticipation of seeing him was so much that my eyes refused to look anywhere else. Soon the car stopped, and Parth, Varun's friend, came out of the car. Followed by his dad, mom, and sister Janvi with Isha, his daughter is so cute that I was not able to resist myself and ended up telling Janvi to bring her here as well. But where is Varun? His mom stood near the passenger seat and said something. It was then, the door opened, and I was finally able to see the love of my life, Varun!

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.