"You're the first boy to ever be nice to me and not try to get into my pants," she laughs, wiping her tears.

Ross smiles and leans over, wrapping his arms around her. "I care about you, Dani. You're a nice girl. I'm sorry this isn't working out like you hoped."

"Well I'm glad I finally grew the balls and asked," she squeezes him against her. "I've had enough heartbreak for today. I'm sorry for barging in on your nap. Michelle gave me a good pep talk so that's why I came."

He smiles and watches as she stands up. "I'm happy we got it sorted. I'll pick you up for our date Monday," he winks.

She laughs. "Perfect. I'll see you then," she smiles and walks out of the room, the door shutting softly behind her.

Ross waits a couple moments and I still don't want to move. He gets up then walks to the door, locking it before making his way to the closet. He slowly opens both doors and smiles sadly at me.

I stare up at him like I don't know what to do. "You can come out," he whispers.

I nod and walk the two steps out of the closet. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"This whole weekend just keeps sending me into different spirals. It's crazy," he admits and walks to the edge of his bed and places his hands over his face. "These last few weeks have been exhausting. I feel bad for hurting her, but she needed to know."

I nod and sit beside him, placing my hand on his back. "You were nice about it," I say.

Ross glances over at me, placing his arms down. "I hate hurting people. Let me text Rydel and see if she's still here in case she tries walking in again."

He reaches back and grabs his phone, sliding it open to their texts.

Rydel: (1) ROSS!! (2) Danielle is here (3) she's coming up in a min (4) I asked her to help me find a nonexistent earring on the floor (5) she's coming NOW!!!!!

I lean my cheek against his shoulder. "She really helped us out," I whisper.

He nods then texts her.

Ross: is Danielle still here?

Rydel: No

He tosses his phone behind him, groaning into the air. "I didn't get my nap," he pouts.

"So take a nap," I suggest. "I think I'm going to head back to the hotel, take a proper shower and maybe go explore."

Ross leans forward and wraps his arms around my waist. "No," he whispers. "It's only 2:30, we can figure out something to do."

I stare down at him, placing my hand on top of his head. "With who?" I question, my fingers going through his hair.

"It can just be us," he mumbles into my lap.

I nod. "Okay, so let's go. It seems like every time we are together in this house, something happens."

I slide from under him and stand by his door, crossing my arms and waiting for him to get up. He moans like a child then gets up to go into his dresser. As he opens the top drawer, he digs through to find socks and I see some brown leather in the bottom. Knowing exactly what it is, I cross the short distance to the drawer and place my hand in to grab it.

As soon as my fingers grasp around the binding and pull it out, he glances up at me from leaning over to put his socks on. "Hayley," he growls as I begin to back up. "Give me that back."

I hold the journal with both of my hands behind my back as I press myself into the corner. "Nope," I reply.

"I'm not kidding," he warns, walking toward me.