Ch. 69 - Coincidence

Start from the beginning

“What about.. Um.. Tyler?” Robin said quietly.

I internally frowned at the sound of his name.

“I’m… not sure when they met,” I answered monotonously.

“Well then what time frame is her head on right now?” Robin said.

Considering she remembered that day, she has to be at the time before I even met Katie.

“It might be that the last thing she remembers was just before the time she got so upset she locked herself in her room and I had to get her out,” I admitted.

Robin pouted. “I see.”

It was silent for a moment before we heard a voice.

“Robin?”

We turned around to see Jackie descending slowly down the steps and looking up at us.

“Jackie! How are you feeling?” Robin attacked her best friend into a huge hug.

“I’m good, how have you been?” Jackie smiled, hugging her back.

“Worried about you, obviously,” Robin laughed.

“Aww well I’m feeling better now,” Jackie assured us.

“Justin told me everything. What’s the last thing you remember?”

Jackie paused, thinking a bit. “Uh, well I remember Justin dropped me off at my house because he wanted to keep me distant so I wouldn’t get dragged into the media,” she said. “I think it was before he went on tour.”

I bit my lip awkwardly.

I still don’t want this kind of life for her.

Jackie glanced at me and we made direct eye contact for a good five seconds before looking away.

Robin shifted her gaze from the two of us before clapping her hands together to break the silence.

“Okay! Well, what did you guys have for breakfast?” she asked, suddenly excited at the thought of food.

“We just woke up,” Jackie laughed at her friend. “Besides, I think I’m low on food supply so the only way we could all eat is if we all share 4 cheerios, ‘cause that’s all that’s left in that one cereal box.”

Robin and I laughed before an idea popped into my head. “You want me to go get us something to eat?”

“Hmm… Like what?” Jackie said.

“We could buy some fresh bread and eggs and make french toast and scrambled eggs,” Robin fantasized.