Unexpected Confession

Start from the beginning

"Wei Ying..." Lan Wangji said, as he saw his lover go incredibly pale. He cursed Guangyao internally once again, because Wei Ying didn't need more pain after so many tragedies in his life and the last thing he wanted was adding his burdens to the huge load he already carried.

"Wei Ying, you are here now, don't duel in a past that can't be changed." Wangji pressed and almost run to him, when Ying open his eyes, red with the tears he was trying to hold back. He saw regret in those eyes he loved so much that reflected his inner feelings without restrain at all times, as well as pain and he was about to move another step forward when he saw his tears finally fall.

"Lan Zhan... Lan Wangji... Light Bearing Lord... I'm so sorry for that... it was very cruel of me... forgive me." More tears run down Wei's cheek and for a fraction of a second, Wangji's expression soften to a more tender one. It had been hell for him those years he had yearn for his presence, yet unable to have him in more than desperate dreams, not to mention moving on from those tortured days he was plagued with the nightmare of his death, but having him back was all he needed, having him back make the wait and the hardships  worthy.

"No need to apologize, that's all in the past." The Light Bearing Lord said.

"Yes, it's been quite long, but there is something that didn't change." The Chief Cultivator said, almost in mockery. Then Lan Xichen moved closer to this brother.

"Do not listen to him anymore. I'm afraid he is quite good with words, enough to fool us all and especially me. I'm quite ashamed for not believing you before. I was tricked and lose my spiritual energy soon after." Lan Xichen said, but Jin Guangyao had not finish with the pair just yet.

"Still, I have not lie at all right now or have I? What do you think, young Master Wei? You even admitted your cruelty a minute ago." Wei moved his head to the side in anger in a sudden move, yet the movement only make the string cut more of the delicate skin of his neck.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan move forward another step, but Jin simply put more pressure on Wei's neck making him gasp in pain and gave a few steps back along with Guangyao.

"Light Bearing Lord, do not forget that Wei Wuxian's life and yours, is still in my hands. I don't think you want to lose him a second time, right?" Jin smiled again and Wangji clinched Bichen with even more force.

"Good. Your wish was granted in such an orthodox way, that a third time it quite unlikely. Now, please lower your sword and sheath back Bichen." Jin pressed.

"Don't do it Lan Zhan. Just go and find backup, I will be fine." Yet, Wangji simply moved his head in negative before once again obeyed the command without hesitation.

"Wei Wuxian, it's quite useless for you to try convince the Second Young Master Lan to do anything that could put you in danger. You should know he is too fond of you to risk your life in such way. He loves you far too much. Want me to prove it to you?" Wei's anger raised, closing his hands into fists.

"Jin Guangyao, don't be that greedy." Wei said, yet Guangyao was too caught up in his web, to stop now.

"Greedy? Ah... let me show you greedy. Light Bearing Lord, please seal all your spiritual veins now." After the request, all of them were in shock, especially Xichen, but after pressing the string even more on Wei's neck and with more blood running down his neck, Lan Wangji was without a choice, but to obey, with a few moves, sealing his own spiritual energy. Immediately, Wangji stager for a second, feeling as weak as a normal human.

"There was no need for you to ask Lan Zhan to prove it in such a vicious way. I would have told you myself what you are itching to hear, I love Lan Zhan with more passion that you think possible and I had already show it to him more than once. My life is also his and I will make it up to him for the time we lose. You hear me, Lan Zhan? I love you more than my life." The sudden confession took Jin Guangyao by surprise, unconsciously loosening the pressure of the string enough for Wei to push him away.

Wei Ying gave a few steps forward taking Lan Wangji's hand on his to pull him along with him to try an escape, ready to fight their way out with talismans, if there was nothing else, but at that very moment, the doors of the temple open up and a few monks came in, forcing Jin Ling in as well. The coincidence was so unfortunate, that Jin Guangyao laughed at their bad luck, once again taking control of the situation and ordering the monks to hunt down and kill Fairy.

"Uncle please don't kill it! You were he one to gift it to me!" But already been exposed of his true colors, Jin Guangyao care not for the kid plead and after he stated that as long as they behave, nothing will happen to them, proving it, as he let them walk inside the Temple unrestrained, when a raining storm was almost upon them. Once inside, Wei make sure to sit next to Lan Zhan and reclined his head over his shoulder.

"You really shouldn't had seal your spiritual power... you didn't need to prove what I already know..." Wei whisper to Lan Zhan's ear.

"Even so, it needed to be done." Wangji responded softly.

"I was serious, you know... I will make it up to you, I promise." Wei Ying reassure him.

"Mmn. It's a deal." Wei smiled and removed his head from Wangji's shoulder to recline his body in the column behind his back. If they manage to survive the ordeal and actually win that fight, he will devote himself to the precious man at his side, because he was worthy of that and far, far more.

AN: Thanks for reading. Because I begin this as an AU of chapter 46, I decided to do the rest of the chapters too, focusing in their feelings as they confront the Chief Cultivator, more than all that happen inside the temple. Hope you like Wei's confession. Take care, until next time. 😄😁😍💖💖💖