💕 Spinel X Reader 💕

BEFORE ANYTHING, THIS ONE-SHOT CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS TO THE NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE MOVIE.
IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE I SUGGEST YOU WATCH IT, it's amazing.

Requested by: Bobbobq

Key:

Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Last Name

I couldn't wait to do this request after seeing the movie! This is a gender neutral one-shot per the requested order. Enjoy! :D
Sorry about the long wait, it took quite a long time to figure out an ending and I ended up just summarizing the entire movie XD It's really long sorry...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

It was a normal day, as it had been for the past few years. Peaceful, and pleasant. I had just trekked over to Steven's house to hangout when I ran into Connie.

Connie, I remember the day she popped up, it was one of the reasons Steven no longer called me first to hangout anymore. It was always Connie this, Connie that, and then it was me afterwards.

What could I do but be a jealous ex- bestfriend, it was inevitable really.

"Oh, hey Connie" I greeted her casually as I walked into the house.

"Hey, (Y/N)! I was just waiting for Steven to warp back from seeing the diamonds, you should come and join me since you're here" She responded happily.

"Sure, I was coming to hangout with him anyway...are you going somewhere?" I asked her noticing her duffel bag.

Continuing to walk towards the new addition to the house, she replied.

"Hm? Oh, I'm going to space camp!"

"Space camp? After all the time we've spent in space, you wanna go to space camp?" I asked her confused.

"Yeah, why not? The best thing is, I get all the freeze dried ice cream I want" She told me, just as reached the doorway to Steven's homeworld warp.

"You've got a point there..." I replied before hearing the sound of the warp pad activate.

Once the blue and white particles dissipated, Steven was left standing there.

"Connie!" He shouted excitedly.

"Steven!-" replied Connie, though I stopped listening to there little conversation.

Turning around towards the balcony, I leaned against it staring off into the never ending blue ocean.

Seeing Connie running away with a blush on her face, I could just feel my friendship points with Steven going down a mile.

"Hey, (Y/N)! I didn't see you here, what's up?" He questioned me.

Turning around to look at him, I replied,

"Oh, I was just wondering if you'd like to go hangout? Maybe go to the boardwalk, or to the arcade? Something fun?"

Scratching the back of his head sheepishly, he started walking down the stairs towards the house with me following.

"Well, I was supposed to go and check on little homeworld today, and we've got this song we're gonna s-" He told me, before I interrupted him.

"Then I'll go with you!" I shouted pleadingly.

"Alright, get ready to sing then" he said awkwardly, as if he himself didn't know why he was singing.

"Here we are in the future, here we are in the future and it's bright, nothing to fear, no one to fight!" Steven started off singing as I just followed behind him into his house.