eighteen

"Are your parents home?" I asked Lisa.

She shrugged, her hands on the steering wheel. She offered to drive my car on our way to her house saying she'll just ask someone else to pick up her bike left back at the restaurant.

"They're almost never home," she said as if she didn't care.

I just nodded, not knowing what else to say. She had a straight face on but there's something in her eyes that makes me feel as if she's just masking her real emotions on that matter.

"Why do I feel as if you pity me?" she laughed after the long silence.

"I don't, you're imagining things."

"If you feel bad for me you can just kiss me to make me feel better you know."

Tempting.

"You don't look kinda down right now though," I raised a brow at her while she just pouted.

"But I really wasn't pitying you. It sucks when someone pity you because of such things. Like when you dissed me for being insecure over my sister and for wanting my parents' attention?" I crossed my arms.

She glanced at me, even more frowning, "You really know when to hold grudges, don't you?"

"How did you know all of those things anyways?" I curiously asked.

She shrugged again, "Somehow I know how it feels. And I wanted to know what you feel."

"What I feel?" I asked weirded out but laughing, "Just say you were always looking at me and stalking me."

"No. I was analyzing you!" she defended herself, "And probably, kinda, somehow, but just a bit- mesmerized."

She said while looking straight on the road, her cheeks slowly turning red as she choked the last word.

I didn't even notice that I was already smiling from ear to ear like an idiot.

LISA'S POV

I grew nervous when she suddenly went silent. I was already a bit embarrassed because of what I've said. It's just like admitting I'm already head over heels for her.

But to my surprise, when I glanced at the gorgeous lady I am with, she's already smiling.

I swear I felt my heart skipped a beat.

"I told you to stop smiling like that," I pouted to fight off my own smile.

"Then stop your smooth talk, you're good at complimenting women," she faced me while pointing at my mouth, "This mouth brings danger to women's hearts, I just know."

"And pleasure," I suddenly bit her finger lightly, making her cat-eyes widen.

"Ya! You pervert!" she pulled off her finger and brushed my saliva off on my own shirt while smacking my arm.

I laughed loudly while enduring her hits, "Jen I'm driving!"

"God you're so annoying," she huffed.

I smirked, "But you like it."

"True," she said with a playful smile on her lips.

I sighed, contented with the view, even if I could only glance because I'm still driving.

I pulled over when we reached my house and watched as she stare at it in awe. I'm used to this kind of reaction, that's why I don't bring anyone home these days, even my hook-ups. I do it anywhere but at home. Usually in a hotel or somewhere else.

Well, do I consider this awfully extravagant house as a home? Somehow. I just don't care anymore that my parents are almost never home. And the reason that I somehow see this as a home is...