Chapter 15 - Monster Drill

Start from the beginning

"No! No, I'm not mad. I'm not mad at all. Now, if you're finished, I have to take my ridiculous self to the Monster Drill." Howard said as he stormed off. I said; "See that sounds like mad."

Outside the Norrisville High school building, the Monster drill event stage

Randy and I were in the crowd with the other students as Principle Schlimovitz and Howard, dressed up as the ninja. Using a microphone, Principle Schlimovitz said; "Welcome to Norrisville High's annual Monster Drill. Had this been a real attack, you would've all been monstered. Which is why we're gonna practice having a safe day, the NINJA way. 'N. Nobody panic.' 'I. I insist, nobody panic.' 'N. Nobody, and I mean nobody panic.' 'J. Just don't panic, nobody.' And I can't stress this last one highly enough, 'A. And get out of the ninja's way.'

"C'mon, Howard, don't be so sensitive. This is our thing. This is what we do!" Randy whispered to Howard off stage. Howard said; "Oh, no, Cunningham. This time you two crossed the line!"

"So now that you know what to do in a monster attack, let's practice. Where is my monster?" Principle Schlimovitz said. There was an awkward silence. Bash was lifted from his head by one of his idiots and said; "You promised a monster! I'm getting wicked bored! I'm gonna start acting out soon."

Everyone started chanting Boring. Principle Schlimovitz started to get worried as he said; "My monster's running late. Stall!"

As he squishes Howard's face, Howard said; "I got your back, P-Slimmy."

"S'up, Norrisville! I am the ninja!" Howard said to everyone. He continued to say; "I think I'm better than everyone else. I do unnecessary flips. I'm a huge show-off."

"His flips are totally unnecessary. One time I saw him run on the ceiling for no reason." Morgan said. Everyone started laughing, non-stop. Randy said; "I'm sure he had a reason. Nobody runs on the ceiling for no reason."

"I do more damage to this school than the monsters." Howard said. I think he is joking like Randy and I were doing earlier before. Principle Schlimovitz said; "My car could tell you that."

"And whenever I'm in trouble, my pretty sidekick comes around to save my butt." Howard said. I didn't laugh hard at that. I said; "I don't think she considers herself as his -"

"Oh look at me. I'm a pretty ninja that hasn't been around for a very long time, until a cute, brave ninja appeared to save me." Howard mocked at me, I mean Mizu. Everyone kept laughing. I said; "Will you quit it?"

"We're 800 years old, which was the last time our scarf was in style." Howard said. I shouted; "Hey! The scarf is a serious ninja tool!"

"Plus it's cool! It's cool!" Randy said. I added; "And fashionable."

"Hey, everybody. Smoke bomb!" Howard said as he farts. The guy next to us said; "This guy's way funnier than the real ninja."

Why didn't I get my ballet shoes and hit him? Howard kept mocking us as he said; "Ooh! Look at my ninja rings. I'm the prettiest ninja in all of ninjaland! Oh and look, here are all of my sidekick's fans. Oh, wait! She doesn't have any."

Everyone laughed at his jokes. Randy said; "Clearly, the ninja –

"- and Mizu" I added.

"- upset you in some way, and I'm sure they're really sorry about it." Randy said. Howard said; "Oh, they're gonna be sorry! I'm just getting started."

Suddenly, a giant praying mantis machine appeared from the forest near the school. Principle Schlimovitz said; "Finally, our practice monster. Kudos to Mr. Smith's metal shop class. OK, places everyone, and remember, - N. Nobody panic!"