15

It's best you know I hate werewolves, this is just me trying to improve my writing skills. Thanks for all your support, votes, comments and just general fanning, I really appreciate it.
50.1k votes is pretty sweet tho!!!!!! On my next chapter I wrote a huge paragraph explaining my happiness, but until I get 50 votes on this, it ain't happening, folks, sorry. Oh and my next chapter is at least 1000 words long. Not lying.

Connie-
My dad told me I needed to go back to school in the fall. I was a failing alpha and everybody knew it, despite my newest plan. It allegedly had no thought for the other pack members.
No one understands me.
I had just gone on a two hundred mile long run, following the pack boundaries. I was falling so far behind in school work that I didn't even see the point in catching up.
The sad thing was, that Daisy is going to be allowed back into school. Allegedly, she'd done nothing wrong, I'd just caused all of the wrong. I felt like placing a huge bag over my head and shouting,"I'm not Connie!"
I jabbed the fork into my pasta as the rain pelted against the fogged up window. I sighed as I stared out at the looming trees, coated in glistening drops of precipitation. This tasted bad, it just tasted like regret and failure.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. It was my dad. I clicked decline.
After ten minutes of stabbing cold pasta, it buzzed again.
"What!" I hissed down the phone.
"Connie," He said sternly.
"What!" I repeated.
"Pack meeting at ten."
"Why am I invited?" A glimmer of hope ignited inside me.
"To discuss how you will be phased out of power."
The connection cut. I rested my head on the oak table.

I'd failed as a leader, just when I thought I was improving. It turns out I have begun turning pack members against each other, against me. Tyler was my final straw. I screwed up with him, so I screwed up with daisy, I screwed up with everyone, so I have to step down. I thought my Tyler catching plan was pretty impressive, but the pack heads said it was aimless, even though I got that threatening note from Daisy. They said it was purely just 'teenage playing'. But I sense that it isn't. I know that it isn't.

I pressed my head against the cool marble table in the kitchen, closing my eyes. The boys above me were howling with joy, screeching and clapping over the results of the foosball. They, like most of the pack, had chosen to ignore the blatantly obvious turmoil.

I hated normal food, this was my favourite pasta dish, usually. I stomped over to the fridge and pulled open the door, knocking over various tubs of food and bottles of juice. I lunged for the bottle of orange juice and swigged it, straight from the bottle.

I felt someone's eyes on my back, and their thoughts entered my head, as if they had always been there. A constant being, almost like a pulse.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You. Are. Giving. Me. A. Headache." I said shutting the door of the fridge and rubbing my temples.

Toby waltzed over to me and placed his hands on my hips. I closed my eyes, and for once, I felt free. My mind was clear. When I opened my eyes, I was on the top of the territory hill, the sun screaming in my eyes. Toby jumped back, confused, but his hands still firmly on me.

"C-onnie?"

"What?" I turned to face him. "Don't you just want to escape? Run away? That's what I can do. I can do that with you, I can."

He stroked my hair, and parts of the dream disintegrated as my heartbeat fastened, and remnants of the kitchen suddenly reappeared.

"No, no. Why did it go?"

He planted a kiss on my lips and shrugged his shoulders. He moved his head so his mouth was on my neck, and slowly, he opened his mouth.

I didn't object.

The pain didn't shoot through me. Nothing shot through me. He pulled away, then left me, alone, in the kitchen.

I pushed my back against the counter, and slumped to the floor. Toby didn't say anything. Toby didn't do anything.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on my knees. I'm stupid, I'm a stupid waste of space.

'No you aren't, Connie, you really aren't.' My wolf assured me, but I just shivered and closed my eyes.

After what seemed like decades of waiting, Toby suddenly rushed in. I immediately stood up.

He'd placed a block on his thoughts, which I found bizarre.

"Hey, why'd you block your thoughts? That's a really difficult skill. And you aren't pulling it off as well as you think you are," I said, and I removed the mind link as easily as peeling an orange. But his mind was clear. All I could gleam from his thoughts were the outside aura he was confident, and determined.

"What are you playing at? You are freaking me out now," I said, slowly placing my hand on the knife drawer. Was this really Toby?

Toby looked me in the eyes, his cloudy grey eyes staring up at me, looking into me. He placed his hand on the back pocket of my jeans, and placed a small box in the pocket, and placed a lasting kiss on my lips, slowly prising my mouth open. His hands travelled up and down my body, and he pressed me harder and harder into the counter. He looked at me, then brushed my hair out of my eyes. He had nothing to say. His actions spoke louder than his words. As he left, I opened the box. It was a pair of crystal earrings. I could see his muscly frame lingering on the outside of the door. He was grinning.

"Toby! You shouldn't have!" I was frozen in my space, until I eased my legs forward and grabbed Toby's arms. I closed my eyes and made us disappear to the top of a cloud. I was weightless, and so was he.

"They're my grandmas. Y'know I told you she was a Luna?"

I nodded sincerely.

"You're Luna, I can tell. Look at where we are? My grandpa always said she was magical, and it thought that was just his romanticism, and he said that once, they were just in the pack house, and suddenly, she took him to the top of the Himalayas. Whenever we had them over for dinner, she'd just have a cracker, and a variety of vegetables. Sometimes, we'd ask where grandma was, and the answer would be a nonchalant, 'she's disappeared'."

"No, I can't be, I'm alpha, and you sound real cringy to me right now," I said as if went over and hugged him.

He kissed the top of my head. "Can't you be both?"

I shrugged and stared at the long, daunting dining room table, my hands fumbling around in my lap, fondling the box of earrings.

"So, where does the link between grandmother, earrings and me join up?"

"The earrings. She never took them out," Toby said, his eyes glazed over with recognition and remembrance.

"Where are you grandparents?"

Toby blushed and sat down on the bench chair next to me. He leaned in to my ear, and whispered "they left the pack. They ran away."

"Can I find her?"

"I'm sure, but it's a risk. You have to go into the human world."

My blood ran cold.

"Er...um...should I put these earrings in?"

Toby raised his eyebrows, saying duh. I playfully slapped him.

I walked over to the mirror in the bathroom, which was a huge room. It was the communal bathroom, split in two for boys and girls. I said bye to Toby, and kissed him, telling him I'd be just a minute.

I placed the earring into my first ear, and then the second. Then the world went black.