~4~

A/N This took me ages to write, I'm sorry about the quantity :) Please vote! Please comment! 

He lunged for my throat, after shifting into his wolf form. I shifted straight after him, and pinned him to the floor. I had no idea what he had got himself into. Now, as of protocol, I was going to have to interrogate him.
“What is it you want, rogue?” I hissed.
“It is none of your business”
“Yes, it is!” I growled.
“I will share it with the cops”
I let go of him and summoned the cops to come forward.

Toby was growling, and however vicious it was, it still seduced me.
“Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop it!” I ordered him, and he shut up, and his growl changed into a hiss.
I walked off from him, and apologized to the guests.

“Thank you for a great evening, but I think it would be safest if every pack member locked themselves in their safe areas with their families for the night. I cannot be sure if this is one of many attacks, but do not raise too much alarm. It is all under control. Goodnight," I said, barely catching my breath. 

The guests bowed their heads, and left. The trained warriors stayed behind.
“Can you please investigate any recent rogue attacks? At the moment it is the least of my problems, I need to understand why a pack-member turned against us”
The boys started chuckling.
“Do you have any theories?” I asked.
“It was obviously because of you. You were best friends until Mr Toby came along” Jeff, my third in command said, chuckling.
Toby snarled.
“I think he thought it was a bit more than it actually was,” Mike said. Then he lowered his voice to a whisper “Mates!”
This made Toby start to shift. I stopped him, just by touching his chest.
“Go and get some air” I whispered in Toby’s ear. He did as I said.

“Right, third and fourth in command please flank me” I ordered, my tone bored. They ran up to my sides and flanked me. “Mike, can you control Toby please? He might do something stupid”

I walked to where they had taken Jake. I found him in a cell, locked inside, and when I caught his eye, they turned from their usual calm blue, to a frenzied red.

I have never seen a rogue up close before, but I couldn’t believe what he’d become.
“Jake, we won’t keep you alive if you carry on. This pack does not tolerate…this behaviour. I’m making one small exception. I give you one week, and if you don’t improve…I will have to get someone to tell your parents”
He glared. “Do you have any helpers in this attack, or do you work alone?” My fourth in command asked.
“I work alone”

I wasn’t relieved. He was my friend. I couldn’t extend the rules, he had tried to kill me.

I was at a loss. What could I do?

I went to bed, my heart heavy with worry. Toby has had to drive out to the English civilisation so he doesn’t hurt Jake, as at midnight, Jake explained his motive.

Jake thought he was my mate, and was heartbroken when he realised he wasn’t, so now he wants to kill me.