12

WHY HAVE MY READS GONE SO FAR DOWN AFTER THIS CHAPTER.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!!!!!,!!?!?!?🙅🙅🙅

Toby (a/n I changed the spelling Tobey --> Toby)

"If you don't know the answer to that, then you're a blind cow." Rita stated.

"So what's that mean?!

"If I tell you what it means, the game would be pointless.

"The game?!"

"Hmmmm. I call it the...MATING GAME" she yelps, then frantically walks back into the diner.

What? I ask myself, then I saunter off and go home.

***Connie***

'Connie! I've been so drained of energy that I disappeared!'

'Oh, gosh, I really am SO sorry' I said to my wolf sarcastically.

'Why do you hate me so?'

'The fact you just woke me up at 5:30'

'Your body was screaming: you don't need any more sleep. So I thought I'd do the honours'

'Couldnt you have just let my body wake me up?'

She ignored me.

And this Tyler person?'

'Mmmm...'

'Ok. Well we both know you don't have two mates, that's for sure,'

'Hmmmm'

'Get your butt out of bed and let's go hunting, it's the perfect time,'

Hunting was something I love to do, just getting that bow and arrow and shooting, and I have to say, I'm pretty good at it. If I caught enough, I'd get the cook to make a meal out of it.

I grabbed the bow and arrow out of the closet, then ran to the bottom of the garden and into the forest.

------

"Hey," I say to the Cook as I wander in, dropping a bag full of dead stuff.

"Ah, Connie," still, after becoming alpha, he addresses me as Connie. I love that. "Haven't you grown out of this phase yet?"

"No, chef" no one knows his real name. He's just known as Cook or Chef.

"Well, this is gonna take me a while. Skinning all of this, using up all of my butchery skills?"

My face turns pale. All of those dead creatures for nothing?

"Ah, we have a special occasion tonight, I better get moving"

"Will you use my game?!" I questioned.

"Of course, Honey"

I skip out of the kitchen and drop the arrows into the utility room sink.

"Hey, what special occasion?" I ask.

"It concerns you. It's the alpha-beta and commanders' dinner"

"Alright then, thanks"

I couldn't mask my disappointment. What was going to happen? I stormed around the house, but couldn't find Rita. So I got a phone instead.

"Ots this fancy dinner tonight,"

"Alright. So?"

"Rita? Honey? You have to come,"

"Oh erg..."

"Rita, you have to come" my voice stern.

"But I'm not really your beta."

"Oh yes you are. That's the theme of the discussion."

It took me a while to click. "Are you in the middle of something...with Jake!?"

"Yeah"

I shudder. "Ok, you two have fun, and ring me back, and come around AS SOON AS YOU ARE PRESENTABLE" I squeal.

"K bye" she hangs up.

EW. GROSS.

-----------------------

The dinner was spectacular. The old hall had been done out in a jaw-dropping manner, with chandeliers and crisp white tablecloths, and the food was just something else. Pheasant and rabbit pie (I know, it sounds gross, but boy, does it taste good?) with chocolate fondue and strawberry ice creams and tartlets. For starter, there was fresh tomato and basil soup, with crispy croutons.

There were around 30 guests, all stuffed up till their stomachs basically exploded. At desert, I ordered silence to the table and was to announce officially, who my betas were, and other roles.

"Beta: Rita Stevenson" with this announcement, the table started to laugh. "Her skills are second to none, she's trustworthy, polite and kind, and I think you'll find that it's my choice"

No better way to defy your father.

"Second beta: Mike Rushby." I carried on, listing my closest friends as minor parts in the pack. It made them happy. "Right then. First in command, Toby Billings. Tracker, Tyler James," then I listed more men in some less superior roles. I went out back, contemplating by the lake.

Then, hands were around my waist, and I was knocked onto my back, by none other than Toby. He was soon on top of me, his hands everywhere, my hands everywhere, there we were, out back making out.

"Toby...I...I cant..."

Toby groaned.

"I'm not gonna fall for you this way, however enjoyable this is"

"What? Why not?" His eyes flashed with anger.

"Because you have to take me out on dates, make me fall for you,"

"This isn't how it works" he snaps.

"This is not a usual situation" I snap back.

"So. I'm free tomorrow night, if I am, you are."

His eyes lit up. "I will take you to La Belle De La Frances. I will pick you up at eight"

"That's weird, it sounds like it was written in Spanish, but it's a French restaurant."

"Hmm, I didn't make the name up,"

I get off him and make my way back inside, him sat by the lake, confused but happy.

As I got inside, I was met by a kiss from Tyler. A nice one, just gentle. Luckily, no one was around to see me kissing my history teacher, but here, he was known as lead tracker. He didn't want beta...as I wrongly presumed.

Why am I so paranoid?

Alpha instinct. Get over it.

"Thanks!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah!" I replied.

"Hmmmm...what are you doing tomorrow? Oh, er, I'm not free, in the evening, that is"

"How does lunch sound?"

"Great!" I didn't even need to give him the talk. I guess he picked up my idea and had some maturity about it.

"Giraffe Cafe sound alright?"

It sounds like the most expensive cafe in town, but who cares? Not me, definitely. "Yeppy yep yep yep"

He chuckles at me, "how about 11:3o pick up?"

"An early lunch?! Great"

It couldn't have worked out any better.