~5~

"You have to stop stressing" Toby told me, and I scowled at him, and I landed on the bed next to him.

The pack house was stuffy today, so don’t ask why I’m here. I could move out and get a place of my own, but with all the trouble Jake is bringing, the pack won’t let me leave, and move into the private wing.

“I can’t! He’s my friend, he’s young. I know his parents…they’d be devastated”
“He also wants to kill you”
“Because of you” I murmured, and Toby instantly stood up, offended.
“You have to stop stressing” I mimicked his tone, and he knew he had to obey me.
“Stop tempting me” He said, scowling.
“In what way am I tempting you?” I bit my lip, and took my cardigan off. “Wow, it is getting hot in here, am I right?”

He walked out of the room, angry at me.

He was my mate, but I wanted some time alone.

I tidied my room up, and made my bed, until some idiot, Mike, to be exact, came into my room and started fiddling with the photos I kept on my dressing table. He finally started to examine my deodorants and perfumes.

“Get out of here. Shoo!” I hit him on the back playfully, and he knew he had to obey my orders, so he got out, only to come in again.
“I know something you don’t know! I know something you don’t know! I know something you don’t know! I know something you don’t know! I know something you don’t know! I know something you don’t know! I know something you-”
I cut him off. “What?”
He ran his hands over his lips, telling me his lips were zipped- meaning what he knew was secret.
“I will use my power, as much as I don’t like to”
He stood still, not speaking.
So I pushed him against the wall, and forced him to speak to me.
“Jake has always thought you were his mate, and he was waiting for you to shift. He has nothing else to live for, now you’re out of his life”
“I thought you were going to tell me something I didn’t know”
“He’s not fighting alone. He joined an army and is communicating with them now”
“How do you know?”
“I’m one of them”
I snorted, and chuckled. “Yeah, right”

Suddenly, his eyes flashed red.

Rogue red.

He hissed, but I wasn’t afraid.

“Bring it” I told him, and I knew that if you hyped a rogue up, they failed miserably when they fought “Come on then? Afraid?”

We need to shift. My wolf said.
We don’t have enough energy. I told her.
We need to open the pack bond then.

I tried hard to unlock the bond, but I hadn’t slept in two days.

I can’t! I’m going to die.
We will run then.
As I said; I have no energy.

“Ready to die?”

Hype him up.

“Yep” I told him, rolling my eyes. “I still don’t see why I should die. I mean its Toby’s fault”

I got Toby through the mind link.
Toby, Toby, do not come into my room. Run to the alpha’s safe area, and get the warriors to come and help me. Mike is attacking.
I need to come and help you!
No! Listen to me, it is safer for us all if you just get to the safe area, and get the warriors to me. Now.
Why can’t I help?
Because I shifted the blame.
What?
It will come clear. Just do what I say! That’s an order.

“What?” Mike hissed.

In seconds, warriors seized him, and there was intense interrogation.

Mike had been leading several rogue attacks, while he stayed under rule of this pack.

____________________________________________________________________________