13

Enjoy, vote, comment, follow, read, recommend.

He picked me up five minutes earlier than expected. I pretended I wasn't ready and got Mike to go out and tell him I would be five minutes late, even though I was sat watching Spongebob on the TV.

I came rushing out, pretending to still be making sure my hair wasn't quite done. I wasn't going to look desperate at any rate.

I squished into the car seat and let out a loud, deep breath, then looked at Tyler.
"Hey," I said nonchalantly.
"Hi," he said, revving the engine of his sporty Porsche. Our pack used to be a human town. I think it was called London at one point. We've been here for decade after decade, but everything in the middle of the town centre is still there, grey and abandoned. It's used in hardcore training. Hanging off the London Eye, dancing through the streets. 

I can sense an awkward undertone to this already. I sat back in my seat, looking straight ahead.
'Connie! Say something' my wolf shrieked.
'What?'
'Ur...you have nice hair'
'Oh yeah, that great line.'
At a traffic light, he placed his hand on my knee.
'I don't like this...' I said to my wolf.I have the same, awkward, I'm being used motion. 
'Connie? You know my natural reaction to that statement would be: rip his hand off. Do NOT scare me like that. You know my temper is bad'
'I really don't like it'
'Just remember, you made me do this'
A single tremor rolled down my body. He moved his hand away in an instant.
"Omg, sorry. Just my stupid wolf"
'Thanks for that,' I joked.
'My pleasure'
"I love sitting in a car in silence, don't you just think it brings out the best in people?" I blurted before I could even think.
"Sorry. My mind is elsewhere. There's this scent that's starting to get to me, you know? I don't think it's something good, either."
'Connie'
'What?'
'I hate to break it to you...but he's freaked out by your scent. He thinks you're a threat and you are making his senses go freaking weird, as he can't tell that it's your scent?'
'How the heck do you know?'

------Tyler-----
This scent, I mean, what's the hell is it? It's soft and sweet but it just has this edge to it, a lethal edge. When she's gone, it goes, but it can't be her, it just can't be.
'Its her. Rip her up'
'Ahahahahahahahahahahahahah yeah, I will rip up what could be my mate, the alpha, with no solid evidence'
'Rip her up or make out'
'I'm not treating her like the other girls'
'You just touched her knee? She clearly didn't like it, she just got angry about it'
'Oh...right'
It is actually her. Oh, god. Why does she have a lethal scent? 

I wriggled out of my leather jacket, which she grabbed and placed on her knee.
"The light is green, go" she seemed to purr.
'Mmmmmmm... Don't you just want her?'
'Im an adult, she's 18'
'WOW, two years, clap clap'

------Connie-------
I just don't know if I'm attracted to him, like I am with Toby.
'do it, use the mind link, where you can hear his but he can't hear yours'
'I do not think she likes me, the way I like her. But she has a lethal scent. Why?'
He stopped at another traffic light and I jumped out of the car.

Date number 1: not a success.

********

Don't ask me why I jumped out of the car, it was just one of those impulses you get when you can't cope any longer. Why couldn't I cope? I just don't know, I am just an annoying person.

You know when you read those teen books, where the girl never, ever does what the reader wants them to do, that's who I am. The hottest boy, the HOTTEST boy, and I screw things up with my lethal scent? What is that all about. He's tracker. If he's tracking things that are not really lethal, but he thinks are.