"Goodnight, Melanie. . ."

His cellphone rang again and he pulled out his phone. That's when I saw the name flash on his screen.

Gina?
Who's Gina?

He quickly turned away from me and picked up the receiver.
"Hello, what's up?"
He said into the phone, glanced at me and mouthed, "Goodnight."

I nodded and waited for him to get into his car and drive off. But he remained in his car, talking to the unknown caller and saying something I didn't get properly.

For some odd reason, I remained there and waited for him to leave first. But he glanced at me from his window and spoke briefly to the caller, then turned to me.
"Go ahead."
He said to me, grinning.

"I'm waiting for you to leave."

He laughed. "Seriously. It is late, Melanie. Go inside and I'll drive away."

I smiled, because at least that part of him still remained. I shook my head and turned around to go inside.

"Lock up."
He called after me as I opened the gate. I glanced at him and laughed.

As soon as I shut the gate, I heard the car come to life and the sound of his tires on the floor as he drove off.

~•°•~

I laughed on my way into the hotel building.
"Very funny, Henry."
I said into the phone.

The bold laughing voice of Henry came in from the other line.
"Thank God I am. And tell TJ I have that video game he wanted me to try out."

"Really? Why don't you all stop spoiling this boy. He's a boy for crying out loud."

Henry chuckled. "That's the point. He's a boy."

I rolled my eyes and walked up to the receptionist's desk. The lady smiled up at me from her computer.

I nodded at her, raised my first finger to her to give me a second.

"Let me call you later, Henry."

"Okay, that should be me calling you layer tonight to know if your ready for our date."

I laughed. "Okay, yeah, that's true. Tonight. Bye."

"Love you."

I won't say that didn't take me off guard. I stood transfixed and stared at the receptionist with my mouth open and I blinked.

"I'm not saying you should reply me now, Melanie. I just want you to know how I feel."
He said to me.

"Uh. . .Yeah. Sure."

He chuckled. "That was heart lifting." He teased and laughed at his own joke.

I, on the other hand, laughed nervously.

"Bye."

"Yeah, bye."
I replied and hung up.

I looked up at the receptionist , who was already busy with her computer and she looked up and smiled at me.
"Good afternoon. How may I help you?"

"Good afternoon. I'm meeting up with someone here."

"Who?"

"Jenna Jacobs."
I said and my mind fell back to how I had made the arrangement of meeting her here.

It had to be here and no where else. I needed to have a chat with her alone without the intrusion of any other person. Derrick would have flipped if he heard that I came alone to see Jenna and in a hotel room which was obviously well built and could possibly have sound proof.

The receptionist' looked up after typing away in her computer and smiled at me.

"Miss Jacobs arrived few minutes before you did. Here's a spare key card just in case and her room number is 584, the seventh floor. Thank you and have a nice day."
She summarised.

I smiled and accepted the key card, made my way up the elevator, reading the floors and hoping I was making the right decision. . .

"Stop acting like you aren't wrong in everything you do, Jenna."
I said to her last night over the phone.

She was completely silent. I was surprised and that made me weigh me decision to call her in the first place.

Was I doing the right thing. She could easily try something nasty and that would he my fault for wanting to see her in the first place.

"I want to talk, Jenna. That's all I want, nothing more, nothing less."

"If you think I'm going to grovel at your feet and beg for mercy for hitting TJ, don't expect anything like that. I'm far from apologizing to anyone."

I sighed because this would be a long process. For both of us.

"No, you're not. You just don't want to be rejected after apologizing."
I said and she fell silent again.

"You don't want to give up. You think all this bravado is going to work?" She fired at me. "You, trying to make everyone better after what we all did to you, is only a foolish step to destruction. Soon, you will be fed up and want to take revenge and trust me, I won't be there to be a victim."

I scoffed. "Is this easy for you? Because, it is not, honestly. I can't believe that you're finding this very accommodating when all I want is just for us to talk. I'm the one who has the right to be angry at you. I have every right to file a case against all of you but I'm not doing that. Not because, I can't but because. . . All I want I to talk to you, Jenna. And I know that as much as you try to push everyone away, you want to be understood too. You don't know me and that's why you think everyone is out to use people for their benefit."

There was a long ass silence from the other line, that I had to look at the screen of my phone to me sure she was still there.

Positive.

I waited for her to say something, no matter how long it took. And I knew she could hang up one me, that's her style. Nope, that's not her style.

She would rather throw a bad word that she's sure will eat you up for the whole day and then, with a nice but rather insulting closing note, she will  hang up. Or let you do it your self.

That's typical Jenna Jacob style.

"Crystal Hotels. Tomorrow. 2p.m."
And she hung up.

I actually expected to be the one to give the venue but since she had agreed to see me, that was fair enough.

I sighed and stared at the number on the door. This is the right room.

I swiped my key card and the door unlocked.

Please, don't forget to vote and comment.
Love,
Mireya💕