CHAPTER 43

Melanie's POV

The ride to my house was rather very quiet and I know Derrick was trying to make a conversation with me but all I did was give him one word replies.

I wasn't trying to be rude, trust me. I was just tired and needed that sleep Derrick was talking about. I smiled because he knew me too well and noticed  how tired I was even without me saying it. And he knew how tired I was and didn't press the issue of me talking to him during the ride.

I didn't wait for him to open my side of the car, in fact I couldn't wait to get inside, have a warm bath and bounce on my bed.

He followed me slowly and part of me sensed that he was watching me from behind. That was really creepy and it made me increase my pace.

Honestly, the reason why I had to allow him into my house all alone was just like giving myself willingly to a lion. And I wasn't scared.

Funny, huh.

I can't let go off the past with him but I can let him stay with me in the same house while I fall asleep.

My life is fucked up, I thought while opening the door.

He stepped in after me and settled on the sofa.

"You need anything? Like. . . What can I offer you?"
I asked him. More like stuttered.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, I'm good. Go ahead and take a bath. I'll be here."

"Okay. . .uh, what will you he doing? What if I sleep for too long?"

He chuckled again. "I know you love to sleep for hours, babe. I wasn't kidding when I said I will wait, okay. I have my laptop in the car, when I'm ready, I'll work with it."

I nodded. Fair enough. I turned around, completely satisfied, to the bedroom. The bed looked inviting enough and thankfully, I didn't have exams today, I shook my head and made a beeline to the bathroom.

I can't explain the feeling that I have when he calls me babe. Its like my adrenaline is pumping up the more, for the past few months, we broke up. Its like the more I try to convince myself that he's no good for me, the more I want him.

And the fact that he's in the living room right now, waiting for me to get fully rested is making me want to invite him over to my bedroom like old times and. . .

Ugh! Melanie! Get yourself together! I chided myself.

This is too much, i thought as I walked into the shower and turned the knob. . .

"Ouch!! Ouch, ouch, ouch!"
I screamed and rushed out of the bathroom, rubbing my back furiously.

Jesus! What the hell just happened?!

I was still staring at the shower running, when I heard the door and Derrick ran in, looking confused, from me to the bathroom.
"What happened?"

"I, uh. . . I think I opened the wrong tap."
I explained how I had mistakenly put on the hot water tap instead of the cold one, absentmindedly.

Derrick looked at the running shower, walked in and put it off. He turned to me, sincerely searching my face.
I felt embarrassed because, for one reason, I had acted like a clumsy fool not knowing the hot and the cold. And for another reason, I was stark naked.

He didn't seem to feel bothered by it, he walked up to me and lifted my face to met his. "Are you okay?"
He asked.

I nodded, trying to use my hands to cover my boobs which, at this point, had already gotten top active as regards to his closeness and body heat.