EveSou//いぶそう [Part 2]

Start from the beginning

"Th-That's good, then..."

Awkward silence.

Sou could feel the lump in his throat.

"Say..."

He perked up at the elder's voice, letting him finish.

"... Are you okay, though?"

"Huh? Of course! It's just a stupid night, we all have those- Ahaha... You should sleep soon, though, Eve! Ha!"

His rambling was interrupted by a thud from the other side, and rustling, before Eve's voice sounded in his ears again.

"... I'm coming over."

"Huh?"

"I'm ready, so I'll be there in a few minutes. Stay put and get dressed. We're going out."

"Huuuuh!?"

Without any further information, Eve hang up the call, leaving Sou dumbfounded.

Nevertheless, he complied.
He stood up, not tired at all, and put on his shoes.

He was done within a minute, leaving him wondering and panicking the rest of the time.

He was going to come over.

Eve was going out of his way to come over to his place in the middle of the night.

To take him out.

Or just go out?

He didn't know.

What he did know was that he was touched to the heart, sitting on the floor in his jacket with a soft fur-lined hood and snow boots.

He didn't know what it looked like outside, it currently wasn't snowing, but he didn't want to underestimate the weather.

After all, he wanted to be prepared for his time outside with Eve.
As he later noticed, though, it was a mistake to already put on his jacket.
He had to wait a few more minutes, getting comfortable in the warmth - Later dying in the cold outside.

That aside, he still was grateful to Eve for putting up with him.
What if he hadn't been there?
Sure, Sou would have one less problem - his huge crush and lingering feelings.
But he would also lose his best friend.

The doorbell knocked him out of his, once again, deep thoughts.

Hastily, as to not keep Eve waiting, he got up and opened the door quietly, still respecting his neighbours' sleep.

The steps in the staircase became louder as they approached him.

"You... Actually came."

He was looking at him in wonder, meeting his casual expression, as if he just hadn't walked all the way to his apartment at such a time.

"Hm? Of course I did."

"Huh..."

"What?"

"N-Nothing... Do you want to come in?"

"Let's just go. You're ready, right?"

"I am, yes. But where are we going?"

He saw Eve ruffle his already puffy hair nervously.

"Nowhere in particular. We'll just walk. If that won't make you tired, then I don't know what will."

Sou grinned.

He really did all that just for him.

"Okay, then let's go! Oh, and... I might have to tell you something later...?"