32

"hi," jeonghan finally greeted after staring in silence for an estimated minute. it felt strange, seeing him after so long. "what are you all doing here?"

"jeonghan, you stupid hoe," mingyu said. "we just saved your ass from that son of a—"

"mingyu, that's enough," joshua calmly stopped him. seungcheol would've been surprised at his tone after what just happened, had it not been for the fact he knew that the boy always looked calmer the angrier he was. "jeonghan, mind explaining why you had come here?"

"no reason."

"don't lie, i already know your reason."

"come on, joshua, don't get mad while we're outside—"

"i'll talk to you later," joshua sighed as he handed minki's phone to seungcheol, who put it in his pocket. "seokmin, come with me." and the couple walked away and left the four.

again, it was silent.

"who's the girl?" jeonghan finally asked.

"you don't know her?" mingyu asked, surprised.

jeonghan only shook his head.

"choi nayeon," the girl introduced. "minki's sister."

"and why are you-"

"she's helping us," seungcheol finally spoke.

"i know my brother's a bad person and i don't want anyone to be hurt by him."

"and how did you exactly help?" jeonghan sounded irritated.

nayeon only sighed and walked off after tiptoeing to whisper something into mingyu's ear. the tall boy walked after her and put an arm around her shoulder. wonwoo wouldn't like that sight, seungcheol thought, suppressing a smile as he remembered how possessive the boy was over mingyu. it was a surprise they weren't dating yet.

"anyways." seungcheol turned to look at jeonghan. "are you going to explain why i was blocked for two weeks straight? can i apologize for what it was?"

jeonghan shook his head.

"come on, jeonghannie," he spoke in a soft voice. "don't be difficult."

seungcheol needed to know. the whole time, he'd been worried because of jeonghan. he kept wondering if jeonghan didn't want to be friends anymore. it'd honestly break seungcheol if he did.

"it's something personal," was all he said. "it's not your fault."

"are you sure?" seungcheol knew not to push if he claimed it was personal but he couldn't stop being scared.

"yeah," the younger boy said. "well anyways, can you explain what just happened?"

"what do you mean?" he asked, knowing fully well what he meant.

"first off, what the hell is hoe exterminators?"

it means getting rid of your inner hoe because i'm very possessive even if you're not mine.

"i don't know what it means but it's some groupchat name mingyu or seokmin came up with, no idea why they chose such a name."

"the whole rescue from minki?"

"aww, you consider it a rescue."

"shut up and explain," jeonghan said with a blush on his face.

"alright, guess i will.

"the night at minhyun's party, after the whole thing with farkle minkus and his blackmail, i met nayeon. she claimed she could help us but at first, i wasn't so sure but i kept her number. a week went by of not talking to you but joshua, seokmin, and mingyu kept me informed that you weren't exactly the happiest. that's when i knew something was wrong.