17

"get over him, jeonghan."

jeonghan groaned as he turned over in his bed, joshua at the end.  it had been over a week since his breakup with minki yet he was still hung up on it.  though he had to admit he knew he wasn't even trying to get over his ex. but dating minki was the only time in his life when he'd ever felt loved.

"you don't need him," joshua reassured him, trying to cover the irritation in his voice.

"yes, i do," he protested. "who else is going to love me?"

"i don't think he ever truly loved you," the younger muttered.

"w-what?" jeonghan quickly sat up, sudden tears filling his eyes.

"you heard that?" jisoo's eyes widened. "i didn't mean it."

"sure you didn't," he mumbled before burying his face back in his pillow. joshua's only just saying that because you're annoying him, he tried to tell himself. he really doesn't mean it, right? yet something inside told him his best friend might've been right. minki had always seemed uninterested even though he was the one to ask jeonghan out.

maybe it was just out of pity?

"come on, han, it's been a week and you've barely gotten over him." he could tell joshua stood up from the bed. "anyways, i'm going to the store with seokmin, need anything?"

"i need my boyfriend back, thanks."

"get over him," joshua gave an exasperated sigh before jeonghan heard the door open. "oh and jeonghan, look up for a second."

"yeah?" he lifted his face from the pillow to see his best friend standing at the doorway.

"i hope you know there are a few people who actually do love you." joshua walked out the room, closing the door on his way.

jeonghan almost laughed at that.  if he was truly loved, he wouldn't be such a loser right now.  but maybe he should try to get over minki.  he grabbed his phone and opened his messages.

the first thing he saw were messages from seungcheol. jeonghan had to smile when he realized seungcheol actually cared about him. he'd messaged jeonghan every single day since he'd been m.i.a. talking about how much he missed him and making sure he was taking care of himself.

how sweet of him, jeonghan thought with the widest grin on his face as he read all the messages. finally he decided to text back. barely even a second later, the other boy had replied and jeonghan's smile only grew. he quickly put a neutral face on before replying again.

scoops man

heyyy

JEONGHAN

I THOUGHT YOU DIED

surprise motherfucker i lived

i-

is that how you greet someone who'd been worrying

about you disappearing for a whole week-

it's from a meme, grandpa

oh

HEY DONT CALL ME GRANDPA

i'm like,, 2 months older than you

wow a grandpa

i hate you

your messages say otherwise