31

"could you at least eat something?" seokmin asked from the other side of the door. it was two in the afternoon and jeonghan still hadn't had breakfast. it's not like he did it on purpose, he just wasn't hungry and forgot about it. he was too busy thinking.

"just leave something outside my door!" he called. there was no more sound after that.

jeonghan closed his notebook; he couldn't concentrate on his homework thanks to all the thoughts in his head. thoughts filled with choi seungcheol and choi minki.

he missed seungcheol a lot. he wanted to talk to him just to hear his voice. yet he still couldn't bring himself to unblock him. he wasn't over that night.

meanwhile, the thoughts of minki weren't good ones. he wanted that boy to disappear from his life. today was the day he was supposed to meet up with him; he couldn't stall forever. jeonghan didn't want to see his face ever again but he had to for seungcheol's sake.

jeonghan sighed as he took out a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and his phone. the least he could get done was his art project. a portrait of your favorite celebrity. easy enough, seeing jeonghan was good at portraits.

he opened his phone to find a picture of seungcheol—what a surprise—and began drawing. staring at the picture was when jeonghan realized how handsome he really was. he couldn't do it anymore, seeing his face made jeonghan miss him.

hearing a knock on his door, he opened the door to take his sandwich. jeonghan went back inside his room, locking the door behind him. he lied on his back onto the bed, connecting his headphones to his phone. opening his music app, he opened his playlist of sad songs.

the last song he remembered playing before falling asleep was if i.

he woke up to what he feared the most: a call from minki. it woke him up immediately and he answered it right before it was going to end.

"hello," jeonghan answered in a monotone voice.

"where are you?" he asked from the other end. "i'm at the park."

"sorry i got busy," he lied. "i'll be there in fifteen minutes."

"i'll be waiting then, hannie. goodbye."

"bye."

jeonghan groaned and got himself ready. he made sure he didn't come across joshua or seokmin on the way and left the house. he began walking, making sure he took the longest route possible.

finally, he made it to the park where the purple-haired boy was standing near the river. jeonghan slowly made his way over and minki must've sensed him because he turned around.

"you actually came," he pointed out.

"yeah, i guess i did," jeonghan replied. "why'd you call me here?"

"well..." minki walked over to him. "i never got to properly apologize."

"for?" he asked, pretending he didn't understand. but he wasn't dumb—he knew where this was going. minki had broke up with his girlfriend and knowing him, he was going to try to get jeonghan back.

was jeonghan going to let him? not a chance.

"i didn't treat you the way i was supposed to," he began and got closer. "i realized you were the only one for me."

"yeah, no."

"what?"

"if you're trying to get back with me, it's not going to work."

"you can't stop me from at least trying to change your mind." minki's hand reached forward as if he were going to touch jeonghan's face.

but he never got the chance as the voice of kim mingyu shouted out,

"hoe exterminators, roll out!"

jeonghan understood nothing that happened afterwards. he saw minki fall to the ground, mingyu standing over him with a baseball bat in hand. then joshua was there, calmly reaching into minki's pocket for his phone. he whispered something into the man's ear before holding onto jeonghan's arm, leading him far from his ex. after walking for a short period of time, he saw a girl he'd never seen before standing with mingyu, seokmin, and... seungcheol.

"hi, jeonghan," seungcheol greeted.