29

when he woke up, jeonghan immediately realized he wasn't in his own room. he didn't know right away whose it was but it seemed familiar. once he pulled the blanket off of himself, he noticed he wasn't even wearing his own clothes. jeonghan didn't even own a baby blue shirt. as his eyes adjusted to the light coming in from the window, he looked around and saw he was in a place he hadn't been to in a while: seungcheol's bedroom.

"how the hell did i get here?" he asked out loud as he stood up from the bed. all he remembered was being on that cliff with seungcheol and everything after that was gone from his memory. "i didn't do anything dumb, right?"

jeonghan opened the door to come face to face with the owner of the room. seungcheol had semi-dark circles under his eyes and his hair was a whole bird's nest.

"hey, hannie," seungcheol greeted in a low raspy voice, a smile appearing on his face. hearing that voice made jeonghan feel some type of way, to the point where he could only stare seeing he forgot his words. "earth to jeonghan?"

"oh, right, hi," he said. "why am i here?"

"oh uh..." the slightest blush appeared on the older boy's face, confusing jeonghan. "you don't remember?"

he shook his head no.

"then it's nothing," he muttered quietly. his smile fell for a second but it quickly came back as he said, "anyways, come downstairs for breakfast even though it's almost lunchtime."

he followed seungcheol down. and saw mingyu sleeping on wonwoo's lap, who was casually reading a book and vernon was nowhere to be seen. at the table, there was a plate of pancakes with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles. jeonghan's eyes widened and he looked at seungcheol.

"oh my god, thank you," he gasped.

"joshua said it was your favorite," he said with a grin. "don't tell him though, he said not to give it to you after last night."

"which you still won't tell me what happened."

"do you want your pancakes or no?"

jeonghan went quiet and ran to the table. they were the best pancakes he ever had. once he finished, seungcheol took the plate from behind him. that was when his head started to hurt. it couldn't have been a brain freeze; he doesn't get those. instead, jeonghan recognized it as the familiar feeling of a hangover.

"when did i get drunk?" he asked himself as he held a hand to his head.

"hannie, you okay?" seungcheol asked, concerned.

"i need water," he immediately said. in less than a minute, a glass of water was placed before him. when his headache calmed down the slightest bit, a thought came into his head.

"what if the reason seungcheol doesn't what to tell me what happened and the reason i ended up in his room is—"

no, that wasn't it. seungcheol didn't seem like that type of person.

"cheol, can you drop me off at my house?" jeonghan asked.

"of course," he agreed and helped jeonghan stand up from his seat. neither said anything on the way to seungcheol's car, the older holding onto jeonghan's arm for support.

during the trip, the sound of a notification came from jeonghan's phone. expecting it to be joshua or seokmin, he looked at it. that's when his heart stopped.

choi.ren: hey
choi.ren: remember last night's deal?

what is he talking a—

oh.

it was only when seungcheol stopped the car in front of jeonghan's house when his memories came back to him.

ah, fuck, he was absolutely screwed.

jeonghan got out of the car, thanking seungcheol in his way out and walking to the door. before he could ever ring the bell, the door opened to reveal joshua.

"yoon jeonghan."

"oh, no you used my full name," he pointed out. "okay, listen i'm sorry but it was for research."

"what are you even talking about?" the american asked. "get inside first, then we'll talk. did you eat anything?"

"yeah, i had pancakes."

"with?"

"maple syrup," he lied.

joshua nodded and walked upstairs, jeonghan following.

"oh my god, i'm gonna get a lecture aren't i?"

"you're lucky seungcheol was with you otherwise you would have."

"seungcheol told you?"

"yeah."

"how much?"

"you got drunk when he looked away, he brought you home, you fell asleep."

oh, so he didn't get all the details.

"anyways, go fix your room, you left it a mess."

jeonghan groaned and walked into his room to begin cleaning. sometimes, it felt like joshua was his mom—did that make jisoo a grandma? as he was making his bed, more of his memories came back to him and jeonghan had never been more embarrassed by himself. never had he acted like that before, why did he have to go crazy when it was seungcheol? one of his best friends, of all people. he probably hated jeonghan now, assuming he was also drunk.

jeonghan sat down on the floor and went through his phone. the second he opened instagram, a message from the dreaded choi minki appeared on the screen.

i can't ignore him anymore, can i? he thought and opened the message

choi.ren
hey
remember last night's deal?
why are you taking so long to reply?

because i don't like youuuu|
because i don't|
because i just woke up

k then
anyways, are you free tomorrow?

no, sorry, i have to visit my mom

oh, okay.
tell me when you are free though.

i will
someone's calling me gtg
bye hannie~

jeonghan groaned and deleted the conversation. the things he did to be a good friend. speaking of which, he had to apologize to seungcheol. closing out of the social media app, he opened his messaging one and went to seungcheol's contact.

scoops man

hey uh i just wanted to apologize for last
night you probably think i'm a manipulative
bitch who uses drunk people. i hope that
doesn't ruin our friendship though. again i'm sorry.

typing...

nope. jeonghan quickly unsent the message and blocked seungcheol—due to his fear of confrontation. great going, now he probably thinks you're a depressed attention-seeker. he rested his head back on the bed.

why can't things ever go normally?