18

"is that jeonghan?" mingyu repeated his question.

"who?" seungcheol immediately panicked, accidentally ending the video call and locking his screen.

"were you talking to jeonghan?" the younger boy asked, taking the phone from him, trying to unlock it.

"don't disable my phone," seungcheol warned in a stern voice, causing mingyu to immediately hand him his phone back. "and no, i wasn't."

"they looked awfully like jeonghan."

"because i was on his instagram." he knew he couldn't lie forever or mingyu would catch on. "anyways, don't you have work to be doing instead of asking me these questions?"

the other only groaned and walked out of the room. seungcheol sighed in relief once he left and quickly texted jeonghan an apology for leaving so suddenly.

jeonghannie

aH sorry for mingyu but i
had to end the call before
he thought anything

it's alright since jisoo just came into the room right after you ended

oh tell him i said hi

i will
he said "tell him i said hi back, now eat your food" but i'm not hungry

jeonghan, go eat

hmmmmm why

it's bad for you to not eat for so long

aww you care

yes of course i do now shut up and go eat

fine fine but i can't if i'm talking to you. ttyl cheol~

bye jeonghan, eat well

"what are you smiling at?" a voice asked from in front of seungcheol, who looked up to meet vernon's eyes.

"a meme," he lied. "anyways, why are you here?"

"producer jihoon wanted to talk to you but said you weren't answering your calls so he said to meet up.

when did he call? seungcheol thought. he was on his phone the whole time but he didn't notice. he decided not to ask and put on a sweater to walk out the door. he left through the front door, rolling his eyes when he saw mingyu and wonwoo arguing again but decided not to bother, a gust of the autumn wind hitting him the second he left.

hold on, where did jihoon even want to meet? he thought as took his phone out of his pocket to call him. after a while, his call was sent to voicemail. why would jihoon want to meet up but not answer his call?

or was vernon lying about jihoon? why would he though?

seungcheol turned around to go back into the house until he realized he'd left his keys. shit, what to do now? he knew the other members were too busy to open the door for him —like they would even if they were free. he rang the doorbell as he waited outside for someone to leave.