14

"choi seungcheol!" wonwoo's voice could be heard, waking seungcheol up. "we have schedules today, get up!"

the rapper groaned and turned over in his bed, not wanting to get up right away, and turned on his phone.  concerts were done but interviews weren't. being an idol was so much work.

"it's only like 8, we don't have to go anywhere until 12," seungcheol shouted back and scrolled through his instagram, on his private account, of course.

the first thing he saw was a post from jeonghan.

"of course," seungcheol rolled his eyes and kept scrolling

"of course," seungcheol rolled his eyes and kept scrolling. recently, all jeonghan had been posting was his "adorable" boyfriend, ren or whatever. all that might've have gotten seungcheol a bit jealous.

actually no, that wasn't right.

it definitely got seungcheol really jealous.

"who even is this guy?" seungcheol asked out loud and went right to the tagged account

"who even is this guy?" seungcheol asked out loud and went right to the tagged account. "besides jeonghan's boyfriend of course."
again he felt the pain in his heart.

"yes, yes it does," he couldn't stop himself from admitting as he admired jeonghan's beauty

"yes, yes it does," he couldn't stop himself from admitting as he admired jeonghan's beauty. why'd he always have to look so ethereal?"but a different choi would be nice.

then he looked at the comments to his own post.

"of course it had to be jeonghan who'd ask."

seungcheol was sure mingyu already knew. he had to admit mingyu was actually very smart when he needed to be. seeing how obvious the leader acted, the boy probably already figured it out. the problem, though, was that mingyu was close to jeonghan as well, and in all the years seungcheol had known him, mingyu was terrible at keeping secrets.

seungcheol groaned again and rolled back over on his bed to get up. three more hours until their stupid interview. s.coups loved being an idol, don't get him wrong. but some days it was too much work when all he wanted to do was sleep.

he put on his clothes and walked out of his room and saw vernon chasing mingyu.

"what now?" seungcheol asked. "it's too early for this, i swear."

"mingyu thinks vernon's been seeing someone," wonwoo explained. "and now vernon's trying to get his phone back."

"mingyu, give hansol his phone back," seungcheol commanded.

"i'll give it back once he tells me if he has a girlfriend or boyfriend," mingyu said and stopped running but held the phone high.

"i have neither!" vernon defended himself as he tried to grab his phone back. "curse your tall height, you tree."

"mingyu." the leader was starting to get irritated. "give vernon his phone back, it's his privacy. and i'd prefer before i start to get mad, we don't want that on a day of an interview, now do we?"

"n-no, sorry," mingyu quickly apologised and handed the device back to their maknae. seungcheol hated having to scare his members but he wasn't in the best of moods this morning.

"good, now get ready, we have to leave early."

"oh, right," mingyu started as hansol and wonwoo went to do as they'd been told. "can i meet up with a friend?"

"who is it?" s.coups asked. why would mingyu want to meet with someone all of a sudden without telling him before?

"a friend," mingyu repeated, keeping a straight face.

"do i know them?"

"i believe so." there was the tiniest smirk on his face but seungcheol put it aside. maybe he was just excited to meet his "friend."

"fine, yeah you can but," his gaze hardened.

"but i need someone to come with me," mingyu finished. "'dating scandals are no joke' yes, i know."

"good." dating rumours could greatly affect an idol's life. some companies would kick you out (not trauma's though, fortunately) but even if they didn't, some fans were absolutely crazy.

"which is why i was about to ask if you wanted to come, it'll only take like twenty minutes."

seungcheol thought about it until of course, mingyu brought out his puppy eyes. despite being in an irritated mood, his puppy eyes were irresistible to the leader. most of time, that is.

"fine," he gave in. "i'll come with you."

"great!" his eyes lit up. "let's go!"

"how long do we even have to stay?" seungcheol asked and brought his face mask up once they entered the coffee shop. there weren't a lot of people but seungcheol was always careful.

"i'll make sure we get back in time," mingyu said, practically bouncing. why was he so excited? "oh there he is!"

"who-" seungcheol couldn't even finish what he was saying as mingyu grabbed the leader's wrist and dragged him to a table where a blonde boy was sitting, his back facing the two rappers. too tired to put clues together, he almost asked mingyu if they could go back.

until mingyu called out his name.

"jeonghannie!"