FOUR

"EVEN IF the motion is denied, it's going to take thirty days to process. And that means..."

"We're outta here."

Michael and Sucre were silently celebrating in their cell at Michael's smart attempt at delaying his transfer. "Alright, I'm going in." Michael said, referring to the hole in the sink. "And I'm going to need your help."

Sucre's face dropped at his friend's words. "Like in in? Now? I thought you were waiting untill-"

"I need to make sure I know how to get up there, so when the time comes.." Michael started, but Sucre was quick to interrupt. "Yo, yo, yo. In case you didn't notice, the lights are all on. We got a live studio audience, Fish." he motioned towards the other prisoners. "How are you gonna get around that?" Michael offered his cellmate a small smile. "Don't we have some laundry to do?"

"Just to be clear," Sucre muttered through gritted teeth as he washed his underwear, his angry gaze falling on Michael who was unscrewing the sink, "I ain't touching your drawers." he added, taking the underwear and hanging it on a piece of rope that was set up to hide the happenings in the cell from curious eyes.

Sucre then watched Michael enter the hole behind the sink before taking a small mirror from under his pillow and jutting his hand out in between the bars as a way of looking out for CO's.

After a long while of Michael being gone, Sucre became inexplainably nervous, cracking his knuckles as he wandered around the cell. He sighed loudly before kneeling in front of the sink.

"Fish!" he whisper-yelled, "Fish! You're taking too long, bro!" he turned around and wiped a small bead of sweat that ran down his forehead. Just in that moment Michael's head pops out from the hole, making Sucre sigh in relief.

"What took you so long, bro?" Sucre scolded him, noticing Michael's also covered in sweat. "I almost got caught." he simply explained before putting the sink back into it's place and screwing it back so it's sturdy.

"You know, I have high pressure. The thing is, we all have genetic high blood pressure, you know that? My cousin, he died from too much stress." Sucre rambled on, irritated by Michael's calmness.

"I thought you said your cousin was moving in on your girl." Michael stated with a straight face, making Sucre roll his eyes.

"That's my other cousin, but thanks for bringing that up, jackass."

"Look, the good news is that I can get to the roof." Michael started, standing up from his crouching position and placing his hand made screw in a book that was placed on the desk. Sucre's face suddenly grew serious as he questioned; "So what happens now?"

"Now.." Michael started, "It's all about timing."

"Good mornin' Doc. Well don't you look ravishing today." T-bag greeted as Marie went to check up on the patients.

"Good morning to you too, Teddy." Marie exclaimed as she checked all the papers below his feet. "Looks like you're ready for Gen Pop." she said as she looked him up and down. "And try not to get into any more trouble, if you possibly can." she continued before she caught a sight of a familiar convict out of the corner of her eye.

Lincoln Burrows arrived for his physical check up.

"Hey, Marie." Sara greeted as she entered the patient room. "Can you do me a favor and run some tests on Burrows? I have my hands full today." she pleaded and Marie nodded, settling the documents back on Theodore's bed before exiting the room.