ELEVEN

"Are we there yet?" LJ asked, he has been repeating this sentence a lot for the past twelve hours

"Are we there yet?" LJ asked, he has been repeating this sentence a lot for the past twelve hours. And every time Marie would patiently answer. "Just a little more to go."

"You said that five hours ago." LJ sighed, "I have to go to the bathroom." he added, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Marie sighed as she squinted, her eyes focused on the road in front of her. She has been driving for the past twenty hours, too scared to take any more stops in case they run into police, or worse...

"You'll go to the bathroom when we get there." she simply said, slowly releasing her foot from the gas pedal upon noticing a familiar blue and red light fifty feet ahead of them. "Great." she sighed.

"What is it?" LJ asked, leaning forward in his seat to look around.

"Border police." Marie said, her hands releasing the steering wheel as she took her hoodie off, leaving her in only a tank top. "What are you doing!?" LJ looked at her, surprised, as she pulled the top down, revealing her chest. "Improvising." she simply said, before taking a beanie from the glove compartment, along with some red lipstick. The car slowed down almost completely as she turned to face the kid.

"Put this on." she handed him the beanie, and he did as he was told. "Turn around." she took his chin with her right hand, an uncapped red lipstick in her left. As soon as she neared the lipstick to his face, he jerked away.

"No fucking way! You're not putting that shit on me!" he said, causing Marie to roll her eyes. "Do you want them to arrest you?" she asked through clenched teeth as she used the lipstick to point towards the police car parked not far away. "Of course not." LJ answered. "Great, now be still."

She placed some lipstick on his nose and under his eyes before putting the cap back on the lipstick and discarding it somewhere in the back seat. She then used her finger to smudge the lipstick and make it look like the boy was really sick. "Something's missing." she frowned before reaching into the glove box again and pulling out a small container. Concealer was written on the lid with bold letters. Marie smiled to herself before opening it and taking a small amount on her finger. She smeared it on his lips and he looked... Awful.

"Perfect." she exclaimed, before pushing her hair off of her shoulders and tying it into a ponytail. "What the actual fuck." LJ sighed as he looked at himself in the rear mirror. "I look dead."

"I put some makeup on you to make you look ill. When we get to the border, all you have to do is sit there, look sick, and let me do the talking."

"That's actually really smart." LJ had an amused look on his face. "But what if they recognize us?"

Marie grinned as she turned the car on once again, slowly pressing the gas pedal as they neared the cop cars. "Don't worry, kid. They'll be too busy staring at my tits to even notice. Now close your eyes and look sick." she finally said, as the car approached the police. A cop extended his hand holding a fluorescent stop sign. Marie stepped on the brakes as she sighed, hoping this will work. The cop knocked on her window, motioning for her to open it, so she did.