EveSou//いぶそう

Start from the beginning

"Sorry- I just, well... I was worried you've been standing in the cold for, uhm- some time. That's why I asked."

He looked at his suitcase, his eyes fixating on his name and address tag, eyeing his own handwriting as he took notice of the snow that had fallen onto it while exiting the train earlier, where there had been no roof to cover him.

"It's nice to be here again, though."

The grey-haired smiled upon seeing the younger being nervous.
He thought it was cute- But he wouldn't tell him that, of course.
What would he think of him if he knew?

"It's nice to have you here again, too."

They both smiled at each other, a sudden silence rising up.
Eve didn't really mind it, he was just worried that Sou might be cold since it's snowing and that he might be hungry and thirsty and tired because of the train and that his muscles maybe hurt, also because of the train ride and-

His thoughts were getting ahead of himself.

"Hey, let's go home. The snow is nice and all, but you're gonna catch a cold.", he finally managed to say.

"Okay!"

The younger was about to take a step towards their destination, but Eve stopped him in his tracks.

"You don't actually think I'm gonna let you carry your suitcase, do you?"

"What? But it's mine-"

"That's exactly why I'm gonna carry it for you. You're exhausted, Sou. Please let me do something to help you."

'You being here is already enough-'

-is what he wanted to say.

Instead, he just nodded and let go of the suitcase, watching his hand stuff his phone away into his coat pocket, then reach out to wrap his long fingers around the handle, getting ready to go.

"Is there any place you'd like to buy food at? Or would you just like to head home straight away?"

"Let's just go home and eat something there, okay?"

'I wouldn't want him to pay for anything.'

"Alright. Then let's head to my place."

Sou's heart started beating rapidely.
He has been to Eve's place many times, sure, but he felt that this time was different.

Eve seemed to notice his uneasiness and tried to comfort him.

"... Since it's nearer. But I can also take you to your place and we can meet up tomorrow. I just thought that I shouldn't let you be alone tonight..."

At the end he was half-whispering and scretched his neck.

He registered his words, and also his want to not leave him alone.

Was he just being thoughtful?

As nervous as he was, he would not let such an opportunity pass.
He nearly screamed at him due to his sudden burst of energy, and the sight of Eve being flustered made him even more bashful.

"Wait! It's- It's fine. I like that idea. Really, we can take the train there."

He didn't want to seem like he was declining his offer, and even smiled in order to show him just that.

It was a genuine smile, though, as he was already bubbling over with happiness.

"Okay, then let's hurry.", the elder answered smiling and they made their way towards the train.