Don't Go

The air around us is heavy as we walk, it's as if he wants to say something but he's hesitant. "I can tell you want to say something so just say it." He gives me a shocked expression as though he was not expecting me to say in thing. "I think we should start taking action soon. This is our home. I'm- I'm honestly scared." "Why? We have a plan." "I'm scared because I don't want something to go wrong and I know I've already said this," he stops and turns to me holding my hands "but you. I don't want anything to happen to you. I'm scared to lose you."

  "I'm fine, I'm grown and I'm an adult. It's going to be I'm going to be fine. I know how to take care of myself and if anything happens you'll know got it?" He nods and we continue walking.

       •

              •

   We walk back to Renjun's house and it's only 7:00 by the time we get back. We quietly get back into the house and surprisingly everyone is still asleep and probably unaware of our disappearance. We walk up to his room and sit on his bed with nothing to say.

   I wake up in Renjun's bed and I hear absolutely nothing. I check the time and it's 10.

  That's weird. Everyone or at least most of them should be awake by now.

I get up and look outside and it's pitch black the outside lights aren't on and there's no noise. I look at the side that Renjun would've slept on and he's not there. My heart stops and I start to panic.

  I open the door and walk out into the hallway and I can't see anything. "Guys! This isn't funny come on out!"I yell down out but I don't receive any answer. I feel around for the light switch and feel something wet causing me to quickly pull me hand away. Cautiously I walk around feeling the walls only to be greeted with another wet, cold substance. I quickly rush to feel a light switch and once I do I flip it on as fast as I can but I'm not prepared for what I see. I see blood covering the walls and I let out a high-pitched chilling scream.

  I rush down the stairs to the second floor and find the light switch to that hall and I'm greeted with more blood. Down the stairs I can see a light on. I skip multiple steps while running down the stairs.

   The only light on is the kitchen light but it's enough to show a horrific sight. Laying on the kitchen floor are the 20 dead bodies of Renjun's brothers. A sob rises in my throat and tears threatened to fall down my face. I can't hold anything back any more and tears pour down fast. I let out involuntary whimpers and hiccups as I try to hold the tears back. In between sobs I hear a voice it's very weak but there. It's someone, no him calling out my name.

  "Jaeun, I'm over here... Behind the counter." I rush behind the counter and drop down to my knees next to Renjun. He's covered blood and clutching a stab wound on his lower abdomen. "Oh my god. No, no, no." The tears start to flow faster as I see his state. "Don't cry. I'm going to be fine." He brushes the hair out of my face and smiles at me. I smile back and cup his cheeks in my hands. "You're going to be ok. I promise. Okay? Just stay here and I'll call for help." He brings my head forward to rest on his. "If something happens to me go stop that company, stop Pledis." "Stop. Nothings going to happen to you it's going to be okay." He laughs a little. "Stop trying to get rid of me so easily I said if. You got it?" "Yeah, but nothings going to happen." I try to hold back my tears as best as possible.

  He starts to cough up blood. "No. Stop. You have to be okay. For me remember? Remember you're supposed to always be there." "Yeah I remember. Don't think I'm going away so easily." "I don't think that, I don't think that at all. I know you're going to be okay. I know it." He starts coughing more and his breath gets shorter. "Come on, come on you'll be okay."

  Within a matter of minutes his breath gets slower and eventually stops. I can't stop sobbing. The tears are just flowing so fast and I choke back more. I don't think I'll ever be the same girl again, I don't think I'll ever date someone again. I can't let this go and they will pay for this I promise.