Do You Believe in Fairy Tales?

I looked at Renjun trying to decide if he was serious enough for me to answer seriously. He then repeated his question. "Well, do you believe in fairy tales?" I smiled at him.

"Of course I do! I mean when you live in a place like Watergate you have to. It's too magical to not believe in fairy tales. That's like asking if I believe in magic. Of course I do. How can I not when I see magical things happen all the time? I mean the way you're so confident and charming is so magical. There has to be some magic element to it. You can't just not believe in magic when there's people like you. If you don't believe in fairy tales then you must not believe in falling in love. Falling in love is like magic. I've seen the most unlikely couples and when you see something like that you have to believe in magic." I stop talking and blush noticing Renjun is actually taking in every word I'm saying. "Then do you perhaps believe in different magical beings?" "Well, yeah. In a world as big as this one how can you not? I mean fairies so obviously exist. And mermaids the ocean is to big to not hold beings of that beauty. You know sometimes I believe the fireflies that light up the sidewalks on dark nights are really fairies. Maybe I just have to big of an imagination."

Renjun smiles at me before asking me another question. "Then do you think I could be an elf?" I smile back at him and start to get excited. "I wouldn't doubt it. The kind of aura you have around you is just so pure and charming. The type of charisma you have is outstanding. I've done so much research on elves. You would definitely be a light elf if you were to be telling me the truth right now. Light elves are the diplomatic ones they keep peace and prevent wars. Dark elves start wars, they are often expressed as Gods of War."

He then goes serious and grabs my hand. "I want you to take me seriously okay?" I nod listening to him intently. "Everything you've just mentioned is real. Fairy tales, fairies, mermaids, magic, elves all of it, and me I am an elf. Chan and his gang are dark elves. They're trying to start a war in this city and my brothers and I are light elves we are trying to stop them and keep peace." I held onto every word as he said it and believed every word of it. "They aren't like this by choice though. A dark magic has taken over them and we can stop it. Now listen carefully to this next part." I don't move an inch and we sit across from each other as he holds both my hands. I just keep looking into his eyes as he continues to speak. "The danger you are in knowing is much lower than the danger you are in when not knowing. I'm telling you this because I want you to resist Chan and his gang's charm no matter how hard. I want you to understand why they are bad people and I want you to understand why I want you to stay in contact with me. Do you understand that?"

I nod but can't seem to get any words out of my mouth. I want to speak but it's like I just can't. He smiled at me and squeezed my hands reassuringly.

        •

                •
  After that day, a month ago I had started spending alot of time with the boys, I had met most of his brothers and they were all so extremely nice. We'd had few run-ins with Seventeen but we'd always kept a close eye on them.

  Tonight Renjun had invited me to the beach with Xiaojun and Hendery to watch the sunset. Hendery and I get along really well and whenever we're together I think Renjun wants to kill us. Xiaojun and I get along and I feel like my twin sister would really like him.

  I offered to drive so here I am on my way to Renjun's house on a cold March evening. The sun is still out as I'm driving to his house and wind it blowing my hair through my open windows. Cicadas buzz outside relaxing me and the ride goes by quickly.

   Im about to know on the door to Renjun's house when the door swings open and Taeil, Renjun's oldest brother, pulls me in.

"Jaeun! Wow you're so kind to finally get this annoying donkey out of my house!" Taeil points to an offended looking Hendery. "He hasn't stopped talking about you for the past hour and Renjun even chims in sometimes! What kind of sorcery is this?!" I laugh at his comment. "I guess I'm just so extremely gorgeous and have an exotic personality." I say the whole sentence sarcastically emphasizing extremely and exotic.

  After Taeil goes on for 10 minutes about not drowning and driving safely we leave.

I don't know how interesting this chapter is and I didn't check grammar but I hope you enjoyed!