The Beach

We get to the beach at 5:55. The weather is about 12°c and there's a nice ocean breeze. The sun has started going down but isn't fully setting yet. I'm walking next to Hendery messing around with him when Xiaojun comes up behind me and slings me over his shoulder. I scream as he starts running to the ocean.

"Renjun! Hendery! Help me!" I look at both of them desperately as Renjun laughs and Hendery just shrugs. "Renjun, I'm going to kill you when he puts me down!" Xiaojun laughs as we inch closer and closer to the ocean "I'll kill you too if you don't put me down!" "Okay." He drops me right into the water and I land on my butt as he runs away. "Xiaojun! Get back here!" I get up and run after him as Renjun and Hendery just continue to watch and laugh.

As Renjun and Hendery continue walking I go behind Renjun and use all my strength to push him over. He falls over but pulls me down with him causing me to fall on top of him. We both scramble to get up and I look away before he could see my cheeks flush red. Let me just say big mistake. I turned my head away unknowingly in Hendery's direction making eye contact with him.

My cheeks must have gotten even redder of embarrassment because Hendery began to chuckle. He knew exactly how to get under my skin and teasing me because of my crush on Renjun was one of them.

I tried to quickly brush off the situation and continued walking down to the Jetty. Hendery instead of the letting me live for just this once can up to me with a mischievous smile on his face.

"I think Renjun was blushing too when you got up." He has me with his elbow to tease me and I swat his shoulder. "Stop teasing me or you're going to wake up with pink hair or no hair. It depends on if I'm feeling kind or not." "I'm your best friend you wouldn't dare and I would tell Renjun." "Oh I would and now you can bet on having no hair at all on your arms, legs, and head!" He smiles again rasing his eyebrows as if he's trying to challenge me.

I slap him again as hard as I can on his back and he let's out a yelp of pain. "You know what? I'm going to dye your hair a pink and purple ombre just so that you have to deal with it because if I shave your head it will grow back but if I dye your hair will become damaged if you re-dye it." I smile and skip off to the Jetty leaving Hendery to think wether I'll actually do it or not.

It's 6:30 and the sun has started to set and a mixture of blue, orange, pink, and purple intertwine together in the sky. Even on a cool winter night like this the scene before me makes me warm and calm as if I was a child lying in my mother's arms again. The sky runs smoothly from one color to the next almost as if they were never separat colors instead they were always one.

As the sun set starts to fade and the stars and moon swallow up the sky I can't help but smile thinking this goes on every morning and every night. It reminds me that not lightness nor darkness is eternal and instead of fearing night or day you should praise them as they work together and are one for as you can't have day without night and you can have night without day. The moon shines bright like the sun and the sun shines bright like the moon. The sun and moon are yin and yang as are night and day.

As I come down from my thoughts and advert my gaze from the sky I notice Renjun is looking at me. He turns his head away and blushes. I smile to myself and examine his features. He has a naturally tanned skin and eyes as brown as dark oak. His now brown hair falls perfectly in his face and his lips are pursed as if he's focusing on the night sky above him. I notice his cheeks are a little red and his breathing seems to have increased ever-so-slightly and the thought of that makes me turn red too.

Xiaojun nudges me a little and I look over at him. I forgot to mention, he being my other best friend, also knows. "Stop staring. You make these things too obvious." "Aye be quiet."

"It's getting late guys we should get going." Everyone stands up walking off the Jetty and I hang back slightly in my own world. Renjun drifts behind also next to me. He seems a little anxious and he brushes his hair back out of habit.

"You ok?" I ask noticing his nervousness. "Yeah." We walking in silence for a few more minutes before he speaks up again. "Actually do you want to come watch the sunrise tommorow?" I tilt my head a little and raise one eyebrow. I wasn't completely sure what he said to me was right. "Do I want to come watch the sunrise with you tommorow? That's what you said right?" He nods his head and I smile at him. "Sure. I'd love to." He smiles back at me and we continue to walk back to the car.

Happy birthday Xiaojun!!! 🎉🎉🎈🎈

That's all for today's chapter I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it! I'm curious what was your favorite part?

Also please go check out Kainingwen I love their writing so much. Right now I'm on their second Jaemin book: Jaemin Icy Prince on Campus and their Jaehyun book: Prince Caspian.