The Meet Up

As promised when my break starts I go over to sit with Renjun and his brothers. We all talk for a while but I can't concentrate because Chan's group is staring us down like we're their prey. Chills run down my spine when the smallest looking one but most intimidating makes eye contact with me.

I quickly look back at the others and notice everyone staring at me.

"Is something wrong?" Jisung asks as he sees I'm slightly uncomfortable. "Oh no. I was just... Zoning out, uh yeah." I'm not a good liar and my ears and cheeks go hot and probably red. Renjun looks at me suspiciously and the looks at where I was staring. His face immediately goes pale and he gets up and pulls me to the side.

"Did any of them get a good look at you?" I look at him confused and he repeats the question. "Uh, y-yeah."
"Which one?" His tone is a mixture of anger and concern. "The smallest looking one." He goes even more pale if possible and my heart stops for a second. "W-why? Is there something wrong?" He shakes in head in disbelief. "Yes, yes there is. That means now two of them know your face for sure. That's not good. Jaeun listen to me, they're very dangerous and you shouldn't talk to them if any of them approach you. If anyone wearing a ring on there pinky with the letters s,v,t and a diamond don't talk to them run. Call me after and get somewhere safe. You got it?" I nod in understanding. I can feel myself shaking and I think Renjun can tell. "It'll be okay. Just don't talk to them. They aren't safe and I don't want you to get involved with people like them."

Renjun's POV

Jaeun is shaking still even after I try reassuring her. I can't let her know about Seventeen, I just can't. Why did she of all people have to meet me? She's too good to get involved in all of this. It's fine just don't let her see through.

Jaeun's break ends and she goes back to work. I'm really worried about her getting involved with Seventeen, I mean it's already bad enough that she knows me.

My brothers and I head home and I go straight to my room when we get there. A few minutes later Taeyong knocks on my door then walks in.

"Renjun I could sense something was up with you at the cafe today after you talked to Jaeun. Is everything okay?" Taeyong had confronted and o could tell he was worried. "Seventeen was at the cafe today and I don't want her getting involved with them. She can't be getting involved in whatever war they're trying to start." My thoughts trickled out of me easily and Taeyong just listened intently as I continued "We both know it's not going to end well. We've been here for years and we've prevented war, it doesn't seem safe to drag Jaeun in if we don't even know how it's going to end. I do know it's going to get ugly though. With how smart they are they'll know how to get her involved and they'll know how to get leveled with the kind of technology we have."

Taeyong looked at me seriously before speaking. "Jaeun isn't going to be safe not knowing and I think you need to tell her. I know it's not safe but there's 21 of us and dad we'll be able to protect her. You're right in saying that they're smart but I know they won't be able to get leveled in our field of technology. A smart tactic would be to get Jaeun involved so that she can avoid them." "Tae you know how risky that is though." "You're right I do know how risky it is but it's even riskier if she doesn't know. They have the same type of charm we have. They are what we are." "Alright fine. I'll tell her... I don't know if she'll believe me." "Just try." I nod back at Tae confirming that I'll tell her but I'm very hesitant.

Me
Hey, Jaeun when you have a second can we meet up or can I call you?

I waited till around 2 when she texted me back. To say I was extremely nervous to tell her was an understatement and I held my breath as I read her reply.

Jaeun-ie
Of course! I just got off of work so we can meet at Waterway Park at 2:30.

Me
That sounds great I'll see you then.

Jaeun's POV

I wasn't expecting Renjun to text me but he did. I texted him back and now we're going to meet at Waterway Park in 30 minutes.

I get home shower and change then leave to the park. It's not busy at all and when I get there I see Renjun sitting on the grass all bundled up due to the cold temperature.

"Hey." I walked up to him with a smile and greeted him. "Hi." "So why'd you want to meet up?" "Well there's something I really need to tell you about. Do you believe in fairy tales?"

I hope you liked the chapter. I don't really have a schedule so I'm sorry that I publish all over the place place.