The Window

Jaeun was laying on her bed at 1:30 like she usually does when there was a scraping at her window. She looked over at the window but didn't think much of it. About 5 minutes later it happened again. She jumped at the sound of this one as it was more of a tap than a scratch. This time she curled into her blanket and continued scrolling through her phone. Not even a minute later she heard it again.

*Tap tap* *Tap tap*

She wearily looked at the window before getting up and going to it. She looked through her blinds to see a boy staring back at her. His eyes were an beautiful dark brown like thick oak trees in a forest. He wore a charming smile on his face. He was an average height with hair a blonde color that reminded her of the golden sun. She was so cautious yet so intrigued. Who was he?

She opened the window and he spoke  to her his voice angelic and steady. "Ah I'm sorry to bother you but may I come in? It's awfully cold out here and I've ran into some trouble outside." She didn't know why but the way he spoke to her was so charming and she agreed. He was handsome and looked well put together and she couldn't help but wonder why someone like him would need help at this hour.

She helped him through her window shutting out the frosty winter air behind him. The two stood in the middle of her room in a hazy, uncomfortable silence before she broke it. "I'm so sorry I didn't ask if you're ok. Are you hurt? Do you need anything?"

He pointed down at a gash in his hand. She let out a small gasp. It was bleeding to the point that you would have to put pressure on it for awhile but it wasn't gushing blood to the point of stitches.

She urged him to follow her to the bathroom when grabbed a first aid kit.

"How'd you do this?" Jaeun asked curiously. His breathing hitched for a moment almost as if the question caught him off guard. "Well I couldn't sleep so I went on a walk and some guys had stopped me trying get some money out of me." He paused and chuckled "Those idiots thought that I would go out at 1 in the morning and bring my wallet with me. Anyway, when I insisted I didn't have anything they tried to gang up on me but I know a fair share of self-defense and managed to get away but not before getting cut on my hand. After that I realized I ran in a direction that was not toward my house, so I went to the nearest house around and here we are."

  "Well aren't you lucky that I'm not some psycho who wants to murder you." He smiled at her statement. "I guess I would take my chances with someone as pretty as you." She rolled her eyes at his cheesey remark. "I'm Renjun by the way." "Nice to meet you Renjun, I'm Jaeun."

She didn't expect for this to happen when she introduced herself.