four: thinking about you

Start from the beginning

"I'm not answering that stupid ass question, Pierre. You should already know the answer."

"If I did, I wouldn't have asked." I waved him off, "Priya. I'm going to ask you one more time. Are you cheating on me?" this time he turned to face me, finally looking into my eyes.

"No, Pierre. I was working on my restaurant with Egypt. Being as I never get time like this, I took advantage of it. We were in an open area, working!"

Pierre sighed then cracked his knuckles. "I don't want to argue with you tonight so I'm going to let this one slide, but you and I both know how high I hold communication."

"Yes, I understand." I said with a nod, although his question ticked me all the way off; to hear him say that he didn't want to argue was refreshing so I decided to leave it alone.

"I also have a surprise for you."

"A surprise for me?" I asked and he nodded. "W..what could it be?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?"

"No, but I have everything I need..."

"Hmm, I wouldn't say all that now." Pierre placed his hand against my leg and smiled, I glanced up at him and he flashed me a smile which was very rare. Pierre always had such a tough exterior that I cherished the moments when I got to see somewhat of a soft side from him.

I placed my hand on top of his and squeezed it, he lifted mine and pressed his lips against it; giving the back of my hand a kiss.

About ten minutes into our ride we pulled up in front of our home. Mathis got out of the car and walked over to my side to let me out while Pierre helped himself. As I walked around the car, he took my hand into his and placed a kiss on the side of my head. My heart skipped a beat and my stomach fluttered; I swear, I wish I could cherish moments like these for life.

Pierre walked us up the stairs and before we could get to the door, Marcia opened it; greeting us. We said our hellos which were brief as Pierre continued to walk me through the house, towards our backyard. As we stepped through the sliding doors, I couldn't help but notice that our pool house lights were on, which was quite odd since we never usually utilized it. Our moms would stay in there when they came to visit but apart from that it was normally left unoccupied.

I continued to follow Pierre's guide until we got to the front door which he opened up, exposing the rose pedals that led a trail from the door all the way over to the bedroom, candles were lit and soft love music played in the background. I noticed a bottle of champagne set on the coffee table along with a box of chocolate covered strawberries which were my utmost favorite.

"This is beautiful..." I said in such awe as he finally let go of my hand and walked over to the bouquet of roses on the couch. "More flowers?" I smiled.

"Yes, because I've realized with all the work we've been doing lately, I haven't had time to wine and dine you the way you deserve to be." He looked down at the flowers, "I know how difficult I can be and the fact that you have always stuck by my side without even a single thought of folding or switching up is proof that you deserve so much more. Which is why I wanted to give you something." Pierre handed me the flowers, then grabbed the bottle of champagne before gesturing for me to follow him into the bedroom.

My brow raised as I stepped out of my shoes, feeling the soft rose pedals under my feet as I followed behind him.

Once we walked into the room, I noticed a big Saks and Fifth bag on top of the bed. "And this would be your surprise." He pointed at it and said.