One Punch And It Opened

He could still not believe it. Damn! Seriously though, of all the days, all of the minutes, all whatever, did that Noora girl had to come in that particular day and minute? It felt personal, like ugh, un-freaking-believable.
He could almost taste it, but not really, could he? No, this was another level of frustration.

On sunday, he just couldn't postpone it any longer. The boy had not given any signs on whether he was as frustrated as him or if he was ok with it, nothing at all. In order to ease his mind Even decided he had probably been too busy with that girl showing up out of nowhere. There was no reason to think otherwise, no need to overthink it either. They had both been interrupted.
So, instead of calling him to tell him he couldn't stop thinking about him and what chance there could be of them meeting for they had unfinished business. Or maybe just text him "Hi how's it going?" He sent him a meme, it was super funny, he wasn't sure the boy had really appreciated it though.
Then he had asked about the weekend, and Even freaked out a bit, if he was to tell him that he had gone to the party back to Sonja he feared it would be a step back for them. So he just didn't answer, which wasn't that big of a deal, he could later tell him a piano had fell on his head or better yet, that he had broken his wrist, grinning at the thought of all his wrist had been up to lately.

________________Join me?
On Monday Even had spent one too many hours anticipating seeing him that day. As a result of that, once he saw him by the lockers he rapidly approached him, shoulder carelessly leaned against them, his I'm-too-cool-and-confident persona stepping in, displaying an earnest smile out of delight which could have easily turned into a laughter fit over having previously witnessed his struggle with the locker door. Hoping again it was not too obvious how happy he was to see the boy. Lingering for a moment in the sight of him after saying hi. So happy to see him, he could have considered it a bit of an exaggeration hadn't he known better.
The boy's hesitant response on whether he was going to the halloween party or not, got just a bit to Even's nerves, just a tiny bit. This creature was playing with his feelings as if it was nothing. Are you coming or not already? Instead of letting that out he simply invited/ordered the boy to join him.
How could he be not affected by him when he kept acting in such endearing ways?
He had gone from not really interested, to yes!, totally interested!, in a matter of seconds. Even picking up on an expression that denoted the boy being self conscious on how desperate his answer had sounded. Aside from it being funny as hell the reassurance it implied, was greatly appreciated.
Before leaving he punched the boy's locker open, since there was no point in leaving him to continue his ordeal, if he was not there to have fun about it.

Tuesday, another meme, the boy was definitely not appreciative on how funny this shit was.
He wasn't much of a text person either, damn.
Thursday, text time again, Geez, had barely seen him for two days, one time, entering one of his classes, Adidas best model ever, Sana by his side. She was so lucky, Even frowned at his own cringiness and then grinned, it was a good thing to be in love. Criiiiinge! The second time had been when the shadow of a "hi" had taken place on the corridor leaving him in a worse situation than before, totally longing for a more decent amount of "quality time".

He had never been as compliant before, as when later that day, Sonja had asked him to find out if the boy was on for the pre game, to which, he heard himself answer with a "Yep, he's going alright" which went fortunately unnoticed, also if he was hosting it and the time they were expected to show up. He had to thank her, but wouldn't, about propitiating the longest text exchange they had ever had.