Eyelock

He was so going to that Revue party.
Yes, that was happening.
They would go have fun with the kiddos and that'll be it. There was a conspicuous determination laying underneath, he would deliberately not take account for, there was no point in obsessing over what could happen at the party.

The thing is, he had been doing some serious cerebration and the boy's attitude had been suspicious to say the least. And yes he was again talking about the boy, yes the "fuck him" and lashes and lips and cute rapping one, get over it, it's a thing, nothing you can do about it, so zip it. Ok, so, about the thinking he had been doing, why was he so fearful? they had, after all, just hanged out. Or was his circle of friends some kind of a cult that didn't allow it's integrants to interact with people from outside of it? They didn't strike him to be like that really, in fact they seemed pretty nice and chill. He couldn't think of another reason for him to be so secretive about it.

He hadn't been the one taking things out of proportion, the boy had. And as he wondered why, Even couldn't help but feel lighthearted at the thought of it being due to the fact that all those staring and coy smiles indicated nothing more than that, they were indeed on the same page after all.

He couldn't allow himself to overthink it, that was it, those where the facts and the conclusion he had arrived to wasn't at all crazy ridiculous.

__________­Those Neon Stripes
As they got to the party, Even efficiently scanned the place for the boy, on what had become a normal routine, to quickly find him sitting beside that irritatingly irksome pretty girl. Failing to discourage him for the boy was distinctly staring at him, a rather crossed stare actually, no traces of coyness to be found. Notwithstanding, Even used by now to the boy's subtle attitude fluctuations, embraced it as a promising factor.

Even did not like it at all when the boy promptly leaned towards the girl to kiss her. He recognized it as payback time, he felt personally attacked, it was an exhibit displayed for him and him alone to witness. There was no room for doubt about it for him thus he found himself engaging on a crusade to bring it to a halt.
He did not like it, not one bit.
He covered the distance between them in no time leaving Sonja to her own devices.
Since there was no room or way for him to sit right between them without getting violent, he chose to do it next to her, cheerfully stating his opinion on what was greatly disturbing him.
She warmly received him unlike the boy who grimaced in annoyance, that sweet girl. He didn't dislike her he more like punctually despised her adjacency to the boy.
His attempt of complimenting the boy's apartment, in order to lighten things up, was notably disregarded getting a bland thanks from him. Oops, he was taking grumpy to the next level, he was mad.
His attitude and the previous vengeful make out session got Even to think it was his girlfriend who was causing all this discontent from the boy's side, well, not her per se, but their relationship.
He had known it all along, hadn't he? Preventing at the time the thought from surfacing, was a way of not having to deal with a subject that made him uncomfortable. He had been dreading it inevitable for a long time now, even from before the boy entered his life. They had been together for a long time, it wasn't that easy to come to an end.
Anyhow, it meant the boy's resentfulness about it, only proved beyond doubt of his interest in him. He couldn't be wrong in his conclusion. The hint of a shadow making him doubt his own judgement for a second. No! This time he wasn't getting it all wrong.

The girl had then made an unfortunate remark, upsetting Even to no end. He felt like pointing out to the sulky boy next to them and ask her if she thought he was a good example of it right now. Of course he wouldn't but he wanted to. She then took him away to the dancefloor, he didn't like that either. How rude of her.
It didn't took him long before following their steps.
Even closed his eyes trying to get some of the old feeling back. Failing to get caught in the moment. He did love her, how could he not? She had always been there for him, and he knew he was a lot to deal with sometimes. The despicable feeling he got everytime his thoughts would derive into it no longer being the same, in him wanting not only to love someone but to be in love. The thought of it sooner or later coming to an end because of him and especially of ever hurting her disgusted him.
He looked at her sweetly, wanting to ease the pain he would put her through beforehand. But as he closed his eyes it was the touch of other lips his own lips were craving for, his fingertips inclined to explore a more muscular body, induced perhaps, by the time he had seen the boy on a t-shirt clinging around his body during PE class, heavily inciting him. He didn't have it in him to fight it anymore. A long term relationship being good for him, not longer enough of an excuse, he craved for the boy. He knew exactly where he was, it was too much of a distraction.

He thought initially it would become some kind of a competition on who got the other one more jealous, but it could never be that shallow.
After, he had opened his eyes looking right in his direction, their eyes meeting, fixed on each other, leaving no place for doubt or any kind of thoughts really, totally immersed in the overwhelming experience.
He was now certain, no misconceptions possible.
The boy had bluntly held the stare, until being taken over by a feeling they both shared, shutting his eyes closed, leaving Even out of his mind, wishing he could close the excruciating distance between them once and for all.

From that moment on the party started to get a little too long or maybe his time perception got a bit altered by his anxiety. He had not found a way to interact with the boy again and he was aching for it.

By the time people finally started getting ready to leave, the sight of the boy inefficiently picking up beer cans and plastic cups almost got Even to crackle in laughter. He would have if it weren't for the fact that he kept steadily glancing his way, Even regarding it like a crushing provocation. Not taking his eyes off him letting him know he was getting the message loud and clear. Bearing wave after wave of warmth flooding his body.
Their thing was on.

Once everyone had left and after assuring Sonja he'd catch up with them in no time, he headed to the kitchen where his boy was.
Still carrying  a sullen undermeanor, after what had taken place on the dancefloor, silly boy. He couldn't expect him to openly address it, but he did relied on him softening up a bit maybe.
The intended mockery went unnoticed when stating on how the boy had had a good time with Emma, the boy's response being far from enthusiastic on the subject. It more than pleased him.
He insisted on trying to unthicken the air between them, by simply going to the extreme while letting him know about his relationship status at the moment. It turned out to be incredibly fun for him, the boy's perplexed reactions were pure gold. Even almost bursting into laughter giving up his cover, fascinated by the boy's naive wide-opened attentiveness shown in his eyes and on how he had succeded in getting him to relax and most of all on their closeness. He was too aware of it. 
Every sign of the boy loosening up was taken advantage of to get even closer.
Yes, it had been a bit too much maybe, to joke on something like that but it had served it's purpose.
A bit closer now.

It was getting harder to repress the urge to pull him towards him, but no, he had to conquer the space between them inch by inch it seemed, giving the boy the chance to back up if he didn't feel comfortable.
A latent nervousness taking him over the closer he got, in contrast with the sudden stillness and the silence they had both fell into surrounding them, him crossing the point of no return being that close. Fondly observing him, taking his time gathering whatever it was it required to get even closer. The boy's stare fixed on the floor in front of him even after slightly staring in front of him, seizing Even's progress towards him, not backing up, tilting his head towards him. His mind aiding him to fill in the almost inexistent distance between their cheeks, making him almost feel the smoothness of the boy's skin beforehand.
Both harshly startled out from the moment, his mind still hanging on to the feeling of it, having it hard to let go.

W/N
So hard to do it justice.