CHAPTER 39: "FORGIVE OR FORGET"

LISA'S POV...

I saw Jungkook standing in front of our wedding portrait with his hands on his pocket.

He noticed me and that's when our eyes met.

His dark orbs staring directly at my soul like he can see through me. And that I'm the only person he could see.

"Do you need anything?" He sounded normal now.

Well what can I say, he's Jeon Jungkook and he recovered quickly from the alcohol.

He tilted his head, waiting for my answer.

I don't know anymore, Jungkook. Do I still love you? Am I happy that you're finally backing out from me? Am I really happy that you're letting me go and not gonna interfere with my life anymore?

Do I really deserve better than you?

"Jungkoo—"

"Mommy." I heard a tiny voice behind me and so I saw Jeongsan holding his bunny plushie while wiping his eyes with the other.

"I can't sleep." He said. I crouched down to him.

"It's okay baby. I will sing you a song later. Now let's go back to your room—"

"Lisa." His voice vibrated in my ears.

I turned around and he is now standing a meter away from me and Jeongsan.

I gave him a questioning look.

"... can I talk to him? Just a minute." He said. But it sounded to me like he's begging. And it sends.

"Yeah sure." I muttered the words too weak and I wasn't sure if he heard it.

I took a step back to give them space. I watch Jungkook as he kneeled down in front of Jeongsan to face him.

And now I'm seeing a mirror facing each other. I can tell that Jeongsan look a lot like me but when I face his side view, he got his nose and his silk skin from Jungkook. Which made me picture my son as Jungkook's throwback child photo.

"Jeongsan." Jungkook's voice started cracking up.

"I will be busy working from now on. You might not be able to see me often as now." He started.

And it really gives me pain in the chest upon hearing this.

"Why Daddy?" Jeongsan asked, clutching on his bunny plushie which he named 'Kookie'.

"Because I'll be working overseas. But don't worry because Mommy is going to take care of you and you have to take care of her too for Daddy, bunny." Jungkook smiled at him.

Why the fuck am I hearing this right now? Should I really be here and listen? I'm starting to hyperventilate and It's unusual!

"But why? You said we will always be together! You said you love Mommy and will never leave her." Jeongsan whined.

H-He said that...?

Jungkook pursed his lips, obviously trying to stop his tears.

"I do. I love her so much, baby. And because I love her, I have to go somewhere for her and for you too. Daddy will always be with you." Jungkook smiled at him and kissed his forehead.

"But Daddy... Why won't you just come with me and Mommy? You can work there!" Jeongsan whined.

And hell, I want to tell my son to shut up because hearing another answer from Jungkook makes me one step back from doing my plan.

"I can't, baby. Daddy has to work there or else you won't have toy cars anymore." Jungkook answered.

"You have to promise you will come back to Mommy and me, Daddy!" Jeongsan pouted and raised his pinky finger.