CHAPTER 36: "MOURN"

NARRATOR'S POV...

It has been a week since Lisa knew the death of her supposed-to-be second born.

And it's been a week since she hasn't come out of the room yet.

Jungkook was in the kitchen, preparing food for Lisa. He took a leave in the office to fix her wife. He's also feeling guilty and at the same time, worried for his wife. It hurts seeing his love like this.

He's finally done cooking and went to their room with a tray full of complete breakfast for Lisa. He opened the door and found Lisa silently sleeping.

"Baby, time to wake up! Breakfast is ready." Jungkook said as he placed the tray of food on the bedside table.

Lisa groaned and sat up. Her face looking a bit pale and her eyes are swollen from so much crying. She stared at Jungkook.

"Are you hungry? I cooked breakfast for you." Jungkook showed her his bunny smile.

Lisa just stared at him with a blank face and didn't respond.

It's been like this since she knew the death of her second baby. She doesn't eat, doesn't sleep, doesn't go out, doesn't take a bath. She only lie down in bed, or lock herself in the bathroom and on Jungkook's closet.

"Then I'll feed you. Say 'ah'" Jungkook held the spoonful of food and waited for Lisa to open her mouth.

"It's all my fault." Lisa muttred, not loud but it was enough for Jungkook to hear.

"It's not, okay? It wasn't your fault. Stop thinking stupid things and eat. Please." Jungkook begged.

"If I didn't kill Bambam and Mark, it shouldn't have happened. Jeongsan won't be kidnapped and my baby won't be----"

"Lisa." Jungkook held Lisa's hands.

"It's not your fault, baby. Please don't blame yourself and do this. Jeongsan needs you right now. I need you right now. You have me and Jeongsan so please... Don't blame yourself." Jungkook pleaded, holding Lisa's hands tighter.

"Then whose fault is it?" Lisa furrowed her brows.

"Everything was meant to happen, baby. Jackson just lost his mind---"

"It's you." Lisa slowly turned her gaze to Jungkook.

"W-What?" Jungkook furrowed his brows. Here it is again. Lisa's mood swings.

"It's all you. If you didn't steal Jeongsan from me, I won't become a monster." Lisa snatched her hands from Jungkook.

"Fine, put the blame on me. If it makes you better, I don't mind being at fault." Jungkook said.

"Shut the fuck up and get out. Get out, NOW!" She shouted pointing at the door.

"Lisa, you have to eat----"

And Lisa just threw all the plate and glass of milk on the floor, breaking and messing everything.

"Get out! I don't want to see you!" Lisa shouted again, but with tears in her eyes.

Jungkook pursed his lips, trying his best not to cry. It hurts him to see his wife suffer like this. But it hurts him even more that he is at fault for what is happening to her.

He wanted to disappear from Lisa's life. He wanted to go and reflect his mistakes. He wanted to runaway and let everything go.

But Lisa needs me more than I needed myself.

•••

"How is she?" Jisoo sat beside Jennie in the living room of the mansion.