[Carefree]

Today, I've decided it's time to get out of the house. I've spent way too much time in here over the last few months and that isn't healthy.

Jasper hasn't picked up his phone yet. He might have broken it. At least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't worry.

My conversation with Charlie keeps swirling around my head. Even when I'm doing twelve things at once and it still finds it's way into my thoughts.

If the offer was put flat out on the table, would I take it? Would I leave Forks and live with Jasper?

Maybe. Maybe I would...

But for now, I have more important things to think about.

Like what the hell I'm doing on the reservation.

The sky is clouded as usual, and a light rain is falling on the land. Houses are dotted around, with garages and little garden areas all over.

It's quite a nice place. It makes me think why I've never really come here before. No wonder Bella likes it so much.

A familiar figure comes into view jogging out of the forest. I smile and decide to go talk to him.

"Adrian!" I call, waving as I lazily stroll across the grass.

His head whips around, then his dark eyes land on me and brighten. "Ah, Swan. I see you weren't able to keep yourself away from me."

I shove his shoulder, nearly knocking him to the ground. "Oh, shut it!"

Adrian's eyes widen at how far he stumbles, then he straightens up and wipes it from his face. "You didn't deny it."

"What have you been up to?" I ask, ignoring his comment.

"Running," he says, panting lightly. "You?"

"Absolutely nothing. Need any company?" I ask, raising a hopeful eyebrow.

After my...dream. I thought I would try and avoid him, but apparently that isn't going to happen.

Truth be told, I'm lonely. As just hearing Jasper's voice isn't enough to quell the need for companionship. But that's all it is, and it's all I need. A friend.

"Sure. Wanna take a walk around the rez?" He asks.

I nod my head eagerly. "Yeah. Let's see what this place has got."

Adrian grins, and starts walking along the treeline towards the sound of crashing waves. I fall into step beside him, and we are quiet for a while.

"Can I ask a question?" He asks, glancing at me from the side.

"Shoot."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

The question throws me for a moment, as it is definitely not what I expected. But I quickly recover and smile.

"Yes, I do."

He nods his head. "I thought so. Jacob talks about Bella a lot, and she talks about you."

I raise my eyebrow, silently asking for elaboration. He chuckles, running a hand through his dark hair.

"Apparently, Bella talks about you and...Casper?"

"Jasper," I correct.

"Jasper. A lot. She feels guilty for driving the family away, and separating you two. Or at least that's what she tells Jake."

I grow silent. His words hold no trace of a lie, and why would they? What would he stand to gain from something like this.

But Bella hasn't mentioned anything to do with her feeling guilty. Why should she? It's not her fault.