Chapter 33

"I am so happy for you," my aunt squealed happily. She rushed towards me and gave me a bear hug, and all I could do was laugh and patted her arm awkwardly because I couldn't hug her back. "My, you are so beautiful," she said. "You look so much like your mom. I'm sure she would be proud of you." Her bottom lip quivered, and her eyes were filled with unshed tears, and I couldn't help but mentally groan.

"Aunt Arie, please don't cry," I said, pouting. My throat closed, and I cleared my throat. "I don't like it when you cry. You know that." And I will cry too.

Aunt Arie smiled and cupped my cheeks. "I know," she said, rubbing her finger across my cheek, and I closed my eyes and pushed my cheek farther against her hand, enjoying the warmth that she provided me. She chuckled and cleared her throat, and I opened my eyes to look at this female before me. "You are so beautiful," she whispered.

I rolled my eyes, but a small amused smile appeared on my lips. "Didn't you already say that?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper. "Like a few seconds ago?"

"Hush," she scolded teasingly. She removed her hand from my cheek, and I pouted because I missed the warmth that she provided me. "Now," she said, folding her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to introduce me to your mate?" She looked at Trevor and his mate. "The both of you?"

I chuckled. "Aunt Arie, this is my mate, Brody," I said. I reached for my mate's hand and grabbed it when I found it. "Brody, this is the Queen of the Snow Leopards, and my "aunt," Maribelle."

"Call me Arie, Dear," Aunt Arie said. She gave me a pointed look, and I smiled innocently. "No one calls me "Maribelle" anyway."

"That is a lie, and you know it, Marigold," her mate said, walking over to us. He pulled her into his arms and stared at Brody and me. He offered me a small smile and bowed his head. "It is good to see that you are in one piece, Your Majesty," he teased.

I rolled my eyes and scowled at the male that I called my uncle. "Says the one who decided to "cut" off his finger and freak me out," I said.

My uncle, Damon, chuckled and dipped his head. "It was funny," he said. He smiled when the twins walked over to us. "Especially when Raylen kept saying, 'Kat, he didn't do it. Kat, he didn't cut his finger,'" he said, mimicking Ray's voice.

"If that is how I sounded when I was younger, then I am glad that I don't sound like it now," Ray said, rolling her eyes. She placed her arm around my shoulders and leaned against me.

Uncle Damon chuckled and studied the twins. "It is good to see you both alive," he said. His face grew grave, and a look of pain flashed across it. "I a-"

Ro shrugged his shoulder, his face turning grim. "I understand," he said. A grin appeared on his face. "At least this little nugget is still alive and finally called us to her." He flicked my ponytail in my face, hitting me with it.

"St-op," I said, swatting him, and he laughed, dodging me. "You both have already seen me more than others."

"Than others?" my uncle asked, raising an eyebrow. He gave them a pointed look, and the twins grinned innocently. "I thought that there had been an agreement that each clan would keep in hiding to make sure that the King, Queen, and heir to the throne would stay safe."

"There was," Ro replied.

"But we had decided to also keep an eye on the secret area where Carver had taken residence before Kat remembered," Ray added.

"So, when we heard that she remembered who she was..."

"... we had decided that it would be safe to go see her."

Uncle Damon shook his head, amused. "You two are crazy," he said, and they shrugged. He sighed and looked at me, his eyes softening. "The spell is going to end soon," he said, and I hesitated but nodded because I knew that it would. "We can visit if that is alright, Alpha." He looked at my mate.

"It's Brody," he said, and Uncle Damon nodded. "And yes, it is fine. I don't mind."

My uncle nodded. "Damon," he said. He pulled his mate close to him, and she laughed but allowed him to. "I am this one's mate."

"And this is my mate Arabella," Trevor said, and both Aunt Arie and Uncle Damon looked at her.

Aunt Arie grinned and squealed. She grabbed Arabella and hugged her. "My, you are so beautiful," she said. "Look at you."

"It's nice to meet you, too," Arabella said, patting my aunt's arm. She looked at me and smiled, nervous of the female who had her arms wrapped around her.

"Let her go, Aunt Arie," I said, laughing. "You are making her uncomfortable."

My aunt rolled her eyes but let her go. Sadly, she smiled and opened her arms for me, and I went into her warm embrace with Uncle Damon hugging us.

The spell was ending soon; I could feel it, and the others could feel it as well. The clans would be going back to where they had been before I had called them to me.

"The Tigers accept you as their queen and high queen," she whispered in my ear, and I felt relieved. She placed a kiss on my forehead before she and her mate pulled away.

I nodded and cleared my throat before I gazed at the people who were gathered, all watching me. "I want to thank you all for accepting the call," I said, my voice carrying. "If you do need me, I am living at Variety Falls Pack. Just let one of the pack members know. I really don't want a fight when there is a bigger threat that we all have to worry about, Cats and Wolves alike. If you do need me sooner, I beg of you to contact me through magic or Carver."

I looked at Adrian. "I wish to build trust between me and all of you. I wish to have a foundation that I hadn't been able to build because of Romanov and pray that you allow me." I looked at Dominic. "And pray that you allow me to prove my worth as your High Queen and why the throne should stay in my family."

"Yes, Your Majesty," almost everyone chorused.

"May the Sun rise and bring prosperity to you all, and may the feast be worthwhile. Until we meet again."

"Until we meet again," they chorused, including those that hadn't called me "Your Majesty."

And with that, most bowed before one by one, they disappeared until only Trevor, Arabella, Carver, my mate, and I remained.

Goddess, please let them be safe. Please.