Chapter 21

I woke up to the sound of silence. There was no sound of people in this room, no sound at all. The only sound that I heard was my breathing and pounding heart, both soft and barely heard.

I wasn't afraid of this silence, no sound of the living or the dead bothering me. I was at peace, waiting for something or someone to break it.

My mind was blank, and there were no worries in my brain. Everything that had happened to me over the past few weeks felt like a fog that didn't seem real.

What was real at this point? Was it the yellow light filtering through the window as the sun started to set? Or was it this serene feeling that made me think that I was untouchable by the world that still moved around the thing called life?

I just stayed in my spot on this big world in a bed that was comfortable enough that I could fall back asleep in. I didn't need to move to use the restrooms or get some water. I felt and was at peace. Nothing was bothering me, especially all of that weight that I had to deal with before time runs out.

The door to the room opened, and someone walked in singing some lullaby in a language that I was familiar with but didn't quite understand.

"Ah," the person said, not aware that I was awake. "We should close this, shouldn't we, Luna?" the person, a female, asked. She moved towards the curtains, not even looking at me."We don't want you to wake up and get blinded by the Sun. No, no, no."

"Leave it open, please," I said hoarsely, and she jumped up and turned toward me. I lazily blinked and watched her through half closed eyes.

The female placed a hand over her heart, her face starting to gain some color back in it. "Dios mío, (my God)," she said softly. "When did you wake up?"

I shrugged my shoulder and blinked again. I had no sense of time and didn't know what day it was. I didn't know how long I had been asleep, and I didn't care.

The female raised an eyebrow and walked over to me hesitantly. "Do you know where you are?" she asked softly.

I nodded. "The packhouse, well pack hospital," I replied. "Where is everyone?" I sat up, and the female clucked like a hen while she pushed me down.

"Don't move too fast, Luna," she warned. "We don't want you sick again. You have been out for two days. Poor, Dear, you have had a horrible fever." She placed her hand on my forehead. "But it is cool now. How do you feel?"

How did I feel? I shrugged my shoulder. I was still tired and wanted to fall back asleep. I wanted to see my mate and Trevor but especially Carver and Katie. I wanted to make sure that Katie knew that it wasn't her fault, and I didn't blame her.

My stomach growled, and I realized that I was hungry. A blush appeared on my face, and I shyly looked away from the chuckling nurse.

"I think someone is hungry. I will send for some food and some water. Shall I send for Alpha Brody?"

I nodded my head. "And Carver, Trevor, and Katie," I said. "If that is ok."

She looked at me, narrowing her eyes. "Are you sure that you want to do that?" she asked, and I nodded.

She sighed and nodded hers. "Of course, Luna." She paused. "May I make sure that you are good to go before they arrive? I think one of them had taken refuge by the door. Carver perhaps? I haven't seen him around."

I nodded my head, indicating that she could make sure that I was alright and well. "It is probably him," I mused. "He doesn't like to be too far. I am surprised that he hasn't popped in here yet. I am sure he has heard me talking."

She chuckled and started to check me over. "I had scared him, Luna," she said, and a smile appeared on my face. "He would surely be in here if I didn't." She paused. "Oh, I am Isabel. I am the pack's doctor."

"Katherine," I replied. I stayed still and watched what she did. "Or Kat. I am the pack Luna, of course."

She nodded. "And the High Queen and Queen of the Tigers, correct?"

I nodded. "Correct." The weight that had been off of my shoulders came back on, almost suffocating me with the weight of it. I was tired, even though I hadn't done anything. I needed to plan something that would help the clans, but I didn't know what.

I offered Isabel a tired smile, knowing that she had sensed the change in me. I could tell that she knew that I was under a lot of pressure and stress with those two titles to my name. "I am, also, the High Queen and the Queen of the Tiger Clan. Thank you for taking care of me."