Chapter 25: "You make me do crazy things."

In the short amount of time that we stayed at Andrew’s after Harry’s punching spree, okay that’s an exaggeration since he only punched one person one time, I learned that Harry and I weren’t the only ones to dislike Jacob. Andrew gave Harry about a dozen high fives, which Harry responded hesitantly to, and the rest of the people in the room seemed to be in agreement that Jacob is a dick. I’m sure that’s the only reason no one did anything when Harry punched him, that, and the fact that they were all baked out of their minds. Why they would hang out with a guy they didn’t like I’m still trying to figure out, but I know it can be a typical thing among people.

Harry was quick to get out of the small apartment, wanting to leave before Jacob woke back up, and I was quick to follow him. Andrew insisted that we stay longer but by this point I had enough of him and the drama his place ensued. Harry’s barely spoken a word to me since we left and I don’t know what to make of it. I probably shouldn’t have yelled at him but I haven’t figured out if he’s angry at me because of it or not.

“What are you going to get?” I look up at him from where he is standing next to me. He’s staring at the chalkboard menu behind the counter of this slightly pretentious, but delicious pizza place a few blocks down from Annie’s.

“I don’t know.”

He doesn’t even look at me and continues to stare forward, barely giving me a response. I know he didn’t even want to go to Andrew’s in the first place and the way we left wasn’t ideal but his pissy mood is extremely aggravating.

“What time does the movie start?”

“Nine.”

I look down at my watch and notice that nine is quickly approaching. I can’t remember what movie is playing, even though I’m sure Harry has told me multiple times. I think about asking him but he obviously isn’t in the mood for having a conversation right now and I’m sure my lack of listening skills will only make him more annoyed with me.

“Do you just want to share something?” I look up at him again. He continues to stands there, arms crossed in front of him, staring forward and barely acknowledging me. God, he’s frustrating.

“Sure.”

“What do you want?” I’m not sure I’ve ever put so much effort into talking to someone. Normally if someone is being this distant with me I will have given up by now but I can’t seem to stop with Harry. I’m sure it’s because I actually care about him as much as I hate to admit it.

“Doesn’t matter,” he shrugs. I’m about to slap this kid.

“Fine,” I huff out.

After another few minutes of contemplating I decide on a fancily named pizza filled with vegetables. Harry doesn’t have much of reaction to my order so I don’t know whether or not he’s happy with what I decided. I choose not to care because ordering pizza he might not like seems to be the only way to get back at him right now.

The man who takes our order is way too happy for either of us to handle. He asks about a million enthusiastic questions about how our day is going to which Harry and I both stare at him blankly. It takes him a few minutes to realize we’re not in the mood. This isn’t anything new for me but I’ve never seen Harry quite like this, normally he would respond excitedly with the man and be a master in the art of small talk. When the guy rings us up I notice Harry pull out his wallet at the same time I do, quickly removing cash from it.

“Harry, I can pay for it,” I try to block his hand. I might be mad at him for being so annoyingly quiet but technically I’m the one who ordered the pizza.

“No,” he looks at me for the first time in at least twenty minutes. “I got it.”

“Harry,” I try to protest his desire to be gentlemanly.