Chapter 16: Climbing onto a Roof is an Important Skill to Have in Life

I'm not entirely sure how I made it up here. Especially considering that it's pitch black outside and apparently no one believes in outdoor lights when it's two in the morning. I guess the three summers of rock climbing lessons my parents signed me up for when I was younger brought me some valuable life skills. Because sneaking onto roofs would be a million times more difficult without them. I'm also surprised no one has woken up from the commotion I'm causing because about every seven seconds the word 'fuck' or 'shit' slips out of my mouth.

Sure, knocking on the door would be the most logical thing to do. Except like I said it's only two in the morning and I almost feel like that would be more alarming than my roof climbing. Plus, you can only knock so loud and considering the size of this house my knocks would surely go unanswered.

I try to quickly but quietly step my way across the roof that is thankfully not very steep. Not that I've spent much time here but even with the darkness I'm pretty sure I can navigate to the correct window. I hope I can at least, because it would be pretty startling to wake up and see me standing on the roof, looking in.

It may have something to do with the fact I just climbed up a house but I'm already sweating and it's not even a time in the day where it would be acceptable. The things I do for a bit of adventure.

After almost tripping and surely falling to my death, I make it to the right window. I peak inside shielding my eyes with cupped hands, hoping this will somehow help, and smile noticing that I'm looking in to the correct one. I hope no one is walking around at this time in the morning because I would look like a complete creep sitting on someone's roof, staring inside.

It's dark in the room but I can see Harry sleeping. He managed to push off any blankets that may have once been on the bed and he's sprawled out. taking up almost every inch of it. I'm not sure how he managed to be so contained when I was in there with him considering his state right now.

At first I quietly knock on the window, not wanting to scare him completely shitless. The soft knocks don't seem to work though so I gradually increase the force I'm applying to the glass with my knuckles. Of course. the Buehler's have newer windows with fancy locks otherwise I would just crawl through and shake Harry awake.

I continue to increase the loudness of my knock and I notice his body slightly stirring around, hopefully about to wake. I give one especially hard pound to the window and he shoots up. His eyes are barely open when he looks toward my spot on the outside of the house but once he sees me I'm pretty sure he screams. It's muffled through the window but I'm fairly damn certain a girly shriek just escaped his mouth.

Once he realizes it's me he seems to calm down some. Even with the realization that I'm not some axe-murderer he decides it's necessary to flip me off as he walks to the window, unlocking and opening it slowly.

"Hi," I breathe out once the glass is no longer blocking me from the inside of the house. His face is close to mine, still looking slightly asleep. I don't know how though, if someone woke me up by rapping on my window at this time in the morning I'd surely be awake and extremely pissed.

"What the actual fuck, Ellison," he glares at me, trying to sound mad but the tiredness in his voice doesn't make it nearly as convincing.

I roll my eyes at him. Harry Styles, I just climbed a fucking house to get to you, you could be a little more appreciative. "Well c'mon, put some clothes on," I nod to his mostly naked body, "We need to get going if we're going to make it on time."

"I'm not doing anything until you tell me where we are going," he glares at me harder, assuming that I'm up to no good. Not that this surprises me considering what normally happens.