5

Christopher

As soon as I heard him permit me to enter his office, I opened the door timidly, poking my head in sheepishly. Master sat at his desk, his elbows prompted on his desk. His office was elegant and looked like a regular office rather than one inside of a palace. The walls were a dark shade of blue, the ceiling white. The floorboards were made of wood. Master had four tall bookshelves aligned to the walls, all of them filled with books, all thick and colorful. They <zweren't organized by color, but maybe by alphabetical order.

In the center of his office, he was a large, dark brown desk that was covered in files and documents, a cup of coffee, and his crown. His crown was breathtaking. It was made of gold and decorated diamonds and sapphires. I wanted to see the crown on top of his head, to see how the blue matched his eyes.

"Christopher." His stern voice made me look at him, shutting the door behind me to give us privacy. His long fingers tapped on the wood, and his stare intimidated me enough for me to look away.

"Do you like your room?" I nodded, looking at my bare feet. I didn't want to dirty his clean floors with my filthy feet, and I was sure that he was thinking the same thing.

"I want verbal answers from you, Christopher. After we eat, you will come here, with shoes, and sweep the floor after you entered with bare feet." I knew it. I shouldn't have even felt furious like I did, because boy, did I want to shove my 'bare' feet down his throat to see if he likes it. I should've seen this coming and known that he would make me do extra work.

"Okay," I said calmly, trying to mask my irritation. He raised an eyebrow, almost as if expecting me to say something different. Rudely, I questioned his actions. "What?"

"Excuse me? You don't reply like that, do you?" He gritted out, and I could see that he was beginning to grow frustrated with me. Maybe my sass was coming out, but I knew that I should've contained it without letting it show. This man wasn't playing games.

"Y-Yes, master." I blurted out naturally, blushing right after. I hated to call him by that name. I so desperately wanted to know his real name, seeing as he knew mine without even asking for it.

"Good boy. Let's eat now. You must be hungry."

He stood up from his chest. I didn't know whether to move and open the door or stay still like the idiot I looked like. I gave me a weird look, walked passed me and opened the door, not waiting for me as he led the way.

He had long legs, which gave him the advantage of walking much faster than I could. I could barely keep up, and with bare feet, it was painful to walk so fast. I didn't want to make much noise, but my obnoxiously loud breathing already was on that track. I was sure that my Master over there was trying hard to refrain himself from choking me to cease my bizarre breathing pattern.

But thankfully, he slowed down...

Only for a few seconds to tell me to shut the hell up.

"Christopher," his loud voice boomed. He didn't even glance back at me; he just stopped dead in his tracks while I took the opportunity to pant for oxygen. "Stop breathing so loudly. It's making an echo." He didn't wait for an answer and kept walking. At that point, I didn't even bother to catch up to him. If he was going to disrespect me like that, then ı wasn't going to lift a finger for him.

I kept going at a snail's pace, finally arriving at the dinner table. The room was almost as big as the throne room. But so far, it was my favorite. With turquoise walls with a white ceiling and flooring, there stood a long table for eight people. I was sure that there was a separate room for a dinner salon where invites and formal dinners were held in the palace. But I hadn't seen it so far, and Amelie hadn't shown it to me.